Wednesday, January 17, 2024

January 17, 2024 … Choosing His way

January 17, 2024 … Choosing His way  


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Lydia Walker singing I Have Decided To Follow Jesus …  Powerfully singing of our choice to follow Jesus - … or not.  



==========

Highlight Passage: … Joshua 24:15 [NLT] … 

15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. … But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” 

…God, thru Joshua, puts before God’s people their choice, …  where Joshua and his family choose to follow the LORD.           


Highlight Passage (in context)  … Joshua 24:14-18 … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Joshua, puts before God’s people the choice to serve God … OR NOT!                   

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 30:19 [NLT] … 

19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!   

… God, thru Moses, gives God’s people the freedom to choose either the road to life or death.  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… God’s promise, thru Solomon, of leading our path in life if we can - or will - choose to follow our own understanding and perceptions or to choose to follow God.  


Reference Passage: … John 15:16 [NLT] … 

16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.    

… Jesus shows HIs disciples that He chose us; but all born-again Christians get the choice to be fruitful by following Him.     


Reference Passage: … Romans 10:9 [NLT] … 

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.   

… Paul assures fellow Christians of God’s promise to give eternal life to ANYONE who chooses to believe that Christ died to save us from their (our) sins.           


Reference Passage: … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.    

… Jesus declares that everyday, believers will hear The Lord knocking on their (our) hearts; but we must choose to open the door and let Him into our lives.             

        

My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread Author , Bill Crowder -  AT THIS LINK -   tells of The Daily Mirror, a British newspaper, who published statistics that the average person will make over 750,000 decisions in a lifetime and will regret over 140,000 of those decisions.  And however the newspaper came up with those statistics, it illustrates what God’s word puts forth in the Scriptures shared in my journal here today;  … that God gives to all the choice of life or death as we live out our lives; and I, for one, am going to follow what the linked song proposes and that is to choose to follow our Lord all the way to eternal life by following His way to glory.  


Will you come with me?                


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me Your way to choose life.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to seek Your way in life, Lord,  by following You on Your path to glory.    Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.