Saturday, January 20, 2024

January 20, 2024 … Crying Out … He Hears!

January 20, 2024 … Crying Out … He Hears!   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Sylvia Balazs singing Jesus, Hear My Cry …  Longingly singing of crying out to God, knowing that He hears our cries.



==========

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 25:26-17 [NLT] … 

16 Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress . 17 My problems go from bad to worse.  Oh, save me from them all. 

… David cries out to God to save him from his distress and dire problems.               


Highlight Passage (in context)  … Psalms 25:16-22 … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David laments and goes to God feeling very alone in his problems.                                   

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Psalms 18:6 [NLT] … 

But in my distress, I cried out to the Lord; … yes, I prayed to my God for help.  He heard me from His sanctuary; … my cry to Him reached His ears.  

… King David sings of God hearing his prayers and giving David help in his troubles.  


Reference Passage: … Psalms 34:6 [NLT] … 

In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; He saved me from ALL my troubles.  

… Once again, King David sings of desperate and praying to God for salvation from his troubles.


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

…, thru Solomon, promises to protect those who trust in The Lord and avoid seeking our own way.   


Reference Passage: … John 14:3 [NLT] …   

When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.   

… Jesus, in the upper room with His troubled Disciples the night before His betrayal promises to bring His faithful disciples (and us) to be with Him in glory. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:15 [NLT] …   

15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”   

… Paul assures fellow Christians that anytime we need God’s help, we can cry out to our Heavenly Father.  

        

My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread Author , John Blase -  AT THIS LINK -   tells of Dr. Russell Moore, in his book Adopted For Life, writes of being in a nursery where there was a silence where none of the babies were crying, … later to learn that these abandoned babes had learned that no one would came to them when they cried out.  


And if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the truths above in God’s word … from King David, the Apostle Paul, and from our Lord, Jesus, Himself, … we should know that anytime we are in distress or troubled, we can cry out to our God because WE KNOW that He hears and He will attend to our cries.  Today I needed to hear that; … how about you?      

My THANKFULNESS:: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for hearing my dries.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to cry out to You, Lord, with our troubles today or tomorrow.    Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen we will!,
Kjetil!,