Sunday, February 04, 2024

February 4, 2024 … Gratitude for Grace

February 4, 2024 … Gratitude for Grace     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Brandon Lake singing Gratitude …  poignantly singing of how we Christians should  ALWAYS be lifting our praises to God in gratitude for all that He has done for us.



==========

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 103:2 [NLT] … 

Let all that I am praise the Lord, may I never forget the good things He has done for me.           

… David sings praise to God for all the LORD had done for David in the past. 


Highlight Passage (in context): … Psalms 103:1-8, 17 … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings his praises to God, full of gratitude for what God had done for him.                

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                               

Reference Passage: …Psalms 136:1 [NLT] …   

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever.  

… Jesus teaches that the greatest act of love is being willing to give one’s life for a friend.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 5:20 [NLT] …   

35 And give thanks for EVERYTHING to God The Father in the Name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. 

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to offer their (our) prayers of gratitude for all that The Lord has done for us. 


Reference Passage: … Colossians 3:15-17  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul once again charges fellow Christians to ALWAYS offer our praise to God with thankful hearts. 


Reference Passage: … 1Thessalonians 5:18 [NLT] …   

18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  

… Paul, once again, charges fellow Christians to be thankful in ALL circumstances 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 12:28 [NLT] …   

28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe. 

… The Author of Hebrews also calls on Christians to offer up prayers of gratitude to God for bringing them (us) into God’s kingdom.            


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author , Monica La Rose -  AT THIS LINK -  Shares the story of Christina Costa, who was diagnosed with brain cancer and hearing of those who took on the “fight” of battling their cancer decided to wage her battle with an attitude of surrender and gratitude to the Lord; and later was victorious in her gratefulness to God for all He had done for her.      


And if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the Scriptures above, as I have, …  I’m convinced and convicted that I need to surrender more of my attitude in praise to God for saving me and sanctifying me with His love and grace.  What about you?     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for all that You do for me every day.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to offer up our grateful praises to You, Lord, for all that You do for us.    Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.