Sunday, December 15, 2013

December 15, 2013 … God’s Preparation

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 349

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of the powerful song, performed by Steve Green singing Find Us Faithful, a proclamation of obedience to God’s calling, … and the willingness to seek and walk the narrow way we are led to follow by our Lord.
=============


Highlight Passage - NLT: Galatians 1: 17  
15 But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by His marvelous grace. Then it pleased Him 16 to reveal His Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When this happened, I did not rush out to consult with any human being. 17 Nor did I go up to Jerusalem to consult with those who were apostles before I was. Instead, I went away into Arabia, and later I returned to the city of Damascus.
============
Highlight Context - NLT: Galatians, Chapter 1 … GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 37: 7a … [NLT]  
7 Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for Him to act.

Reference Passage #2:  Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [NLT]
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 
6 Seek his will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

Reference Passage #3: Isaiah 55: 8-9 … … [NLT]  
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Reference Passage #4: Romans 8: 28 … [NLT]  
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, … to those who are the called according to His purpose.

My Journal for Today: In the last few days, Os Hillman’s workplace devotionals have reminded me that God often takes His faithful warriors through times of preparation so that their (our) service can be more effective for His plans and purposes in our lives. Today I was reminded by reference to the lives of such biblical luminaries as Moses, Jacob, and Joseph in the OT and the Apostle Paul in this morning’s devotional, all men who spent years of preparation for service to God. In Paul’s case, he was led to spend three years in Arabia (i.e., Asia) after his conversion [see Galatians 1 linked above] to become the powerful missionary to the Gentiles he became.

This has very personal meaning for me; because after God brought me out of my own personal darkness of atheism and habitual sexual sin, He took me through a period of almost seven years of discipleship in my church and under the rigorous tutelage of a mentor before He made it obvious to me – in His perfect timing and methods – that I was to move from my previous career in heath-care into my current work for His kingdom in Battle Plan Ministry [go to this link – http://battleplanministries.org ].

Yes, as all of the Scriptures above attest, as well as the song and photo, it is often God’s PERFECT TIMING which has us go through a period of patience and preparation as He leads us where HE has planned and purposed to follow and serve Him. And sometimes it’s difficult to understand, live out, or accept God’s timing or this preparation process.

Maybe you’re there right now. Perhaps you’ve been through God’s season of preparation and, as I am, you’re able to see why God led you where He did to prepare you for faithful service. But if you’re having trouble being patient in finding God’s way for your life, … keep on keeping on my fellow warrior. It’s worth it; and following Him will often require denying our own ways (see Luke 9: 23).

His timing is perfect; and His way is the ONLY WAY. So, find it and follow it, my faithful fellow warrior.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Your way is THE way; and Your timing is perfect. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: