Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31, 2013 … Starting Over

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 365 ... Tomorrow is a new day, new year, and new life.

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – to hear Queen Latifah singing, Fix Me, Jesus, … with a prayer for newness in Christ
=============


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV: Philippians 1: 6 …  
6 “ … being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; … "
 ============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Philippians 1, Chapter 1, Verses 3 - 11… GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

 Reference Passage #1: John 17: 20-23 … [NKJV] … [Jesus’ prayer for His disciples – that’s you and me, too!] …
“ … 20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [NKJV] … [God’s promise of His strength to lift us when we’re carrying His load.] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

My Journal for Today: Each year on December 31st, my computer prompts me to call up a poem which I have digitally stored for contemplation and meditation for the New Year. And if you’ve followed me during this year of devotional journaling, you may have also seen that I’ve used this poem, on occasion, to give me a restart when I needed to get back on track with my relationship with Christ. … Well, I’ll not go on with my own verbosity here. I just charge you to take in the photo, the song, and the scriptures which I’ve made available to you above; and then READ ALOUD the poem below, created by Woodrow Kroll; and meditate on where God needs to lead you into 2014. I’m sure you’ll agree that we can all use a restart into the New Year.

Start Over --- Woodrow Kroll 

When you've trusted Jesus and walked His way,
When you've felt His hand lead you day by day,
But your steps now take you another way …
START OVER.

When you’ve made your plans and they’ve gone awry,
When you’ve tried your best 'til there’s no more try,
When you've failed yourself and you don’t know why …
START OVER.

When you’ve told your friends what you plan to do,
When you’ve trusted them but they’ve not come through,
Now you’re all alone and it’s up to you …
START OVER.

When you’ve failed your kids and they’re grown and gone,
When you’ve done your best but it turned out wrong,
And now your grandchildren have come along …
START OVER.

When you've prayed to God so you’ll know His will,
When you’ve prayed and prayed but you don’t know still,
When you want to stop cause you’ve had your fill …
START OVER.

When you think you’re finished and want to quit,
When you’ve bottomed out in life’s deepest pit,
When you’ve tried and tried to get out of it …
START OVER.

When the year's been long and successes few,
When December comes and you’re feeling blue,
God gives a January just for you …
START OVER.

Starting over means victories won,
Starting over means a race we run,
Starting over means the Lord’s “Well done," … so don’t just sit there ..
START OVER.

And my prayer is for all of us is that we go deeper into our relationship with Christ this next year than ever before.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, help me, and any who read here, to know You more, love You more, obey You more, serve You more, and be blessed by You more than ever before in this New Year. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: