Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 19, 2013 … My Friend, Jesus

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 353

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of the powerful song, performed by Wayne Watson singing Jesus, Friend of a Wounded Heart, tells all who seek THE FRIEND who will always be there to be our beloved healer friend in the midst of our brokenness.
=============


Highlight Passage #1a - NLT: Deuteronomy 34: 10  
10 There has never been another prophet like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face.
============
Highlight Context - NLT: Deuteronomy , Chapter 34… GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Exodus 33: 11a … [NLT]
  11 Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend.

Reference Passage #2: Revelation 3: 20 … [NLT]  
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear My voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends….”

My Journal for Today: In his journal (blog) entry for today, Os Hillman made reference to the special friendship which Moses had with the God of Abraham, the living Lord, Yahweh, Who led Moses and God’s people out of Egypt, through the wilderness, and toward the promised land. It took some time, but as Moses’ faith developed through the 40 years of wandering through the wilderness, Moses developed a close – almost face-to-face – friendship with His God. And Moses met with his Friend daily in the Tabernacle; and God related with Moses just as a dear, trusted friend with relate to us.

Do you have a friend like that? Well, maybe not a friend who’s omniscient and omnipotent and one who holds the universe in His hands; but maybe you have a friend whom you know would die for you, … one whom you can trust with anything, … one who has a heart for any problem you might have. If you’ve got a friend like that, you know that you’ll do everything you can to protect that bond; and you’ll also desire to spend time with such a friend daily to keep the abiding relationship protected and nourished.

Yes, all Christians, if they’re [we’re] truly Christians, have a friend like that; and of course, as Wayne Watson sings in the song I’ve linked you to today, He, … Jesus, is the “friend of a wounded heart.” And today I’m reminded that my friend, Jesus, is always there for us, just as He pled with the Laodiceans in Rev. 3: 20; and He’s ALWAYS knocking on the door of our hearts, desiring to come in and relate more closely with us. All we have to do is open the door and let Him in; and He will be there as the friend of wounded heart.

But the photo which I’ve attached above is where the action is [at least for this wounded soldier], because it depicts the place I go EVERY DAY (i.e., every morning) to let my Friend, Jesus, into my life, … that place where I can see my Lord, my Messiah, face-to-face … is His word. I hope all who join me to read this journaling realize that each time we open God’s word, praying to God’s Spirit to give us His grace of enlightenment, we are opening ourselves directly to the Mind and Heart of God.

Jesus, Our Friend, is knocking on the door of our hearts today; and when we open His word with the intent of getting to know Him more intimately … and to pray to Him more abidingly, … He will come in and dine with us and help to heal the woundedness in our broken hearts.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, being in Your word today is dining on Your truth and being healed by the salve of Your love. … Amen

=================
Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: