Sunday, December 08, 2013

December 8, 2013 … All We Need

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 342

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of the poignant truth in song, performed by the group Hillsong, singing Jesus, You’re All I Need, exclaiming that our Lord will provide all our needs. … And on to this link, where you’ll hear a group of children singing that same truth in the Jewish dance song, Jehovah Jireh, My Provider.
=============


Highlight Passage #1 - NLT: Exodus 16: 4 ...  

4 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions. …” 
============
Highlight Context - NLT: Exodus 16 … GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Genesis 22: 13-14 … … [NLT]  
13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the LORD will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.” 

Reference Passage #2: 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 … [NLT]  
9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

Reference Passage #2: 2nd Peter 1: 3 … [NLT]  
3 By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.

My Journal for Today: Today is my 70th birthday; and through my devotional study this morning, I received a wonderful reminder of a truth we all need to remember … that our God will provide our needs … ALL our needs.

He did so for His wandering, recalcitrant children in the wilderness, did He not [?], … providing them with manna (as depicted in the photo attached and the highlight passage in Exodus 16). Yawheh-Jireh also provided the lamb for sacrifice to Abraham when the faithful father was about to sacrifice his son, Isaac [see the Genesis 22 passage above]. And as Jesus reminded His servant Paul, God’s grace is all we need in this life to cover our own human weaknesses (see 2nd Cor. 12: 9).

I’m not going to write much today to interpret the truth which rings through this devotional study. If you take in all I’ve provided above, God will speak to you, as He has to me on my birthday today, about being our provider, just as He did through Peter in 2nd Peter 1: 3. So, let me close here with what Os Hillman said to close his journal entry for today …
- - -  "Has God taken you into the desert in your life? Is He forcing you to depend wholly on His provision? Pray that you will learn the lessons God desires you to learn in the desert place. He will bring you out when He has accomplished all He wants to build in your life.” 

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You are my Provider and I know You’ll give me all I need to live out this life for You and Your glory. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: