Wednesday, December 04, 2013

December 4, 2013 … Shattered Dreams

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 338

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of a powerful truth in song performed by Sara Groves, singing It’s Going To Be Alright, reminding us that we may go through shattered dreams or horrible circumstances; but no matter what we go through God is in the mix; and as God’s angel told Jesus’ mother, “Nothing is impossible with God!”
=============


Highlight Passage #1 - NLT: Ruth 1: 20-21  
20 “Don’t call me Naomi,” she responded. “Instead, call me Mara, for the Almighty has made life very bitter for me. 21 I went away full, but the LORD has brought me home empty. Why call me Naomi when the LORD has caused me to suffer and the Almighty has sent such tragedy upon me?”
============
Highlight Passage #2 - NLT: Ruth, Chapter 1 ... GO TO THIS LINK ...
============

Reference Passage #1: Deuteronomy 31: 8 … … [NLT]  
[Moses to Joshua at the end of Moses’ life] 8 “… Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you. 

Reference Passage #2: Luke 1: 37 … … [NLT]  
37 [From the Angel to Mary in her confusion about giving birth]  
“ … For nothing is impossible with God.” 

Reference Passage #3: Romans 8: 28 … … [NLT]  
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

My Journal for Today: Ever been in a place in your life when all your dreams seemed to be shattered or where life seemed impossible to look ahead with any hopefulness? Maybe you’re there now; and it’s the pits, isn’t it?!!

That’s the way it was for Naomi, as Os Hillman had me read through the first chapter of Ruth (linked above) today. In fact, in this story, Naomi had gotten to a place where she wanted to change her name from “Naomi,” which in Hebrew means “pleasant” to “Mara,” which means “bitter,” expressing where she had come in life. Naomi’s husband and two sons had died, leaving her and her two daughters-in-law with almost no options and a lot of hopelessness.

How often, when we’re engulfed by way-bad stuff in our lives, is it difficult to look forward or to recognize the truths of God’s word? All of the reference passages above from both the Old and New Testaments are God’s word, telling us what that Angel of the Lord told Mary at a time in her life when things REALLY looked bad. The Angel told Mary, “… Nothing is impossible with God;” and when our dreams seem shattered, as the photo attached depicts, we need to remember this truth.

And it’s the same truth which was expressed from Moses, who was dying, to Joshua in Deuteronomy 31: 8, … that God is always going to be ahead of us in life and the Lord will never abandon or forsake us, … no matter how tough things may seem. And it’s the same truth which I so often quote in my blogs, from the Apostle Paul in Romans 8: 28 that ALL things (not just “some things”) will ultimately be for our good if we are among those who are truly in Christ.

All of these are truths from God’s word; but in the midst of shattered dreams and brokenness, do we believe the truth; or are we willing to fall for the lies of the enemy or the con-job of our own hearts (see Jeremiah 17: 9), both of which always conspire to bring us down rather that to lift us up as God wants to express to us in his word?

My friends, that’s why you find me here EVERY morning, delving deeply into God’s word and His truths, … trying to fill my mind and heart with the strength and purpose which my LORD wants to us to give me [see Isaiah 55: 11], i.e., His hope in the midst of seemingly shattered dreams. Yes, dear one, today I’m reminded that I’ve read God’s book; and even when our dreams seemed to be broken to pieces, God’s still in control; and He will put it all back together in the end.  

“Nothing is impossible with God!” 

My Prayer for Today … Lord, thank You for this encouraging word today. I needed that!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: