Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014 … Words To Live By

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 132

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go this video link to hear an anonymous vocal ensemble singing the old hymn Trust And Obey, reminding all true believers that there’s only one way to walk in this life and that is in trusting God’s word and obeying it completely.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Deuteronomy 4: 5 [NKJV] …  
5 “Surely I have taught you statutes and judgments, just as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should act according to them in the land which you go to possess. … “
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: Deuteronomy 4: 1-10 [NKJV] … Go to this link

Highlight Passage #2 – NKJV: Joshua 1: 8 [NKJV] …  
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] #2 – NKJV: Joshua 1: 1-9 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1: John 14: 21 [NKJV]  
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Reference Passages #2: 1st John 3: 18-22 [NKJV] … Go to this link We are commanded to live as Christ lived and to love as Christ loved …

My Journal for Today: When will mankind get it?!! I’m afraid the prognosis is pretty grim. Old Testament into the New, God commands His people to obey; and what do we do? Isaiah said it (see Isaiah 53: 6). We’re like stupid sheep who wander off, unwilling to follow their shepherd; and they wander willfully to their peril.

As we read in both of the highlight Old Testament verses which came from my Our Daily Bread today, God specifically gave, first through Moses and then through Joshua, the command to obey His word; and then under Christ’s New Covenant, we read through the Apostle John’s writings, some of it even in Jesus’ words, that only those who obey God’s commandments are the ones who truly love the Lord.

BUT … (and it’s a big “but”) … what do we so often do? We wander off and want to go it our own way; and what is the predictable result … DISASTER?!!

I don’t think I need to write any more here today. The attached devotional picture and the linked song really say it all; but God’s word is even clearer above. If we expect to walk through this world and succeed in God’s will for our lives, there’s really only one way to walk … and that is to “Trust and Obey!”

My Prayer for Today … I do, Lord. That’s why I’m here this morning … to trust and obey Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: