Thursday, May 08, 2014

May 8, 2014 … Talking Christ … And Christ Alone!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 128

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go this video link to hear a group of worshippers singing the poignant song In Christ Alone, the lyrics reminding all believers that it is Christ alone Who is our Lord and Savior and it is Christ alone we proclaim to a lost world.
=============


 Highlight Passage – NKJV: 1st Corinthians 2: 2 [NKJV] …
2  I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: 1st Corinthians, Chapter 2 [NKJV] … Go to this link 

Highlight Passage #2 – NKJV: 2nd Corinthians 4: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 4: 1-6 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1: Isaiah 40: 29 [NKJV]
29 He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.

Reference Passages #2: Philippians 4: 13 [NKJV]  
3 I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.

My Journal for Today: My Our Daily Bread reminded me why I think so much about Jesus everyday; and why I want others to find the same strength He gave me to deal with my sin nature, … why I’m so compelled to have others discover and use that strength (see the two reference verses above). The devotional pointed me to two passages written by the Apostle Paul to the Corinthians Christians, where he expressed his compulsion to share Christ so obediently (see the highlight passages above).

Let me ask you. If you were the woman at the well whom Jesus encountered (see John 4); and He had changed your life forever, Whom would you speak of for the rest of your life? … If you were the sullied woman who was thrown at Jesus’ feet [see John 8] and He had said to you, “Go, and sin no more,” about Whom would you be telling others for the rest of your life? … If you were the Apostle Paul who was thrown down on the road to Damascus and your life focus was changed forever (see all of Paul’s Epistles), Whom would you be speaking about for the rest of your life?

Well, duh!! In each instance it’s Jesus, isn’t it? And Whom do you think I’m writing about every morning when I come to my place of solitude here, seeking to know my Lord more intimately? … Jesus, of course!!

Yes, from the time I discovered, on April 13th, 1983, that Jesus was the strength I was lacking [see attached photo above]; … that He, and only He, was the One Who could fill up the hole in my soul; … that He, and He alone, was my everything, I’ve been on a quest to share His strength, … His love, … His grace with anyone and everyone who will listen.

How about you? Is He your all-in-all? Is Christ alone the reason for you to live and move and have your being? Is He worth sharing with someone else today?

My Prayer for Today … Oh, my Lord, … my Savior, … You are my everything!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: