Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014 … “Way better’n I deserve!”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 143

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go this video link to hear Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their wonderful song Your Grace Still Amazes me, reminding us that the grace extended to God as a free gift to us sinners is always the Amazing Grace written by the slave trader John Newton in his classic hymn, which can also be heard going to this link 
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 103: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: Psalms 103: 6-18 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 Romans 3: 23 …. Go to this link All are sinners – yet God’s grace is there for all who believe in Christ …

Reference Passages #2 Romans 5: 8 … Go to this link What love God demonstrated for sinners such as we !!! …

Reference Passages #3 Hebrews 9: 27 … Go to this link …  And all we have to do is accept – in faith – His amazing grace … just once before we die …

My Journal for Today:…  

“Always better than I deserve!”

That’s almost always my response when someone asks me, How’re you doing?” And I’ve learned that this retort is often attributed to Dave Ramsey, the popular Christian financial counselor. However, I heard it over 20 years ago from my mentor; and I’ve adopted it for my own conversational use ever since.

And when I use that phrase, it’s interesting how often I will get a reply from someone like, “Oh, surely not;” which opens the window of conversation wide for me to witness my faith in Christ to the one who inquired about my life. If you’re a Christian and you desire to share your faith, you ought to try this interactive method of sharing who you are in Christ. … It works!!

But it’s all based in the reality of God’s amazing grace, isn’t it? And how amazing is that grace as the links to the songs above proclaim for your meditation as you read this. We’re all sinners, aren’t we (see Romans 3: 23); and we all deserve death (see Hebrews 9: 27); but God’s love and His amazing, saving grace is there, by His sacrifice on the cross, for anyone who believes in Him and desires to receive that salvation before they die (see Romans 5: 8).

So, if you run into me and ask me how I’m doing, be prepared for me to respond, Way better’n I deserve; and I’ll mean every word of that reply.

How about you? ”How’re you doing?” 

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord, I’m doing WAY, WAY better than I deserve today!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: