Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014 … He is risen!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 148

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go this video link to hear Daniel Thornton singing the old hymn Up From the Grave He Arose, proclaiming the glory Christ’s victory over death and sin.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Micah 7: 8-9 [NKJV] …  
8 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against Him, until He pleads my case.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: Micah 7:8-9,18-20 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 Micah 7: 18-19 …  
18 Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. 19 He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. 

Reference Passages #2 Matthew 28: 5-6 …  
5 But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread points me back to the prophesies of Micah, to which I made reference in my devotional from yesterday (SEE THIS LINK) where I was reminded that God has – with His finished victory on the cross – buried my sins in His “sea of forgetfulness.” And that was what Micah was prophesying for God to His divided tribes who were, at that point in their history, being consumed by their enemies.

Micah was saying that there would come a day when God’s Messiah would subdue all of His enemies and He would reign in glory, forgiving all the sins of His disobedient people. And, in Christ, God has done exactly that!! And He has arisen in victory over sin and death … just as Micah and other prophets foretold.

And I, for one, am one of that remnant of faithful about whom Micah prophesied; and I can declare a loud HALLELUJAH!!, praising God for His finished work on the cross, defeating sin and death forever!

My Prayer for Today … Yes, Lord, … HALLELUHAH!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: