Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13, 2014 … The Babe Who Changed Everything

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 133

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go this video link to hear Mark Lowry singing the classic Christ-child song Mary Did You Know, reminding all of the Baby Who changed the world.
=============
See video of “Baby Laughing” at this link -

 
Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 139: 13 [NKJV] …  
13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: Psalms 139: 7-16 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 John 3: 3-8 [NKJV] … Go to this link Being born again changes everything …

Reference Passages #2 1st Corinthians 15: 42-58 [NKJV] Go to this link … Being born again changes everything …

My Journal for Today: The Our Daily Bread for this date related a story which took me back to a tender time in my own life when my earthly dad was housed in a nursing care facility where my dear sister could do the watch-care required as he was totally in need of 24/7 care due to multiple maladies which rendered him almost helpless. But I remember the times I would come to visit him; and often there would be babies from various families who would be brought into the lounge area where the residents were gathered. And when such an infant – especially a new-born – would come into their midst, all would stop with all attention going to the child. All of these aged ones wanted to see this freshly born, cooing, smiling creature. It was fascinating to watch.

Today, I’ve copied a picture of a little, smiling babe; and I’ve also linked you to a short video of a baby laughing almost uncontrollably at a silly little repetitive action on the part of her daddy. What are your feelings as you see the photo or watch the video? I don’t think I’d miss it far if I thought you smiled when you saw the photo of the pretty little baby; and you probably at least giggled a bit with joy as you saw/heard the baby laughing. Babies expressing joy or laughter just make us feel good; don’t they?

[Please listen to the linked song above] What do you think it must’ve been like for the blessed mother of Jesus to look in the face of her Babe, the baby boy, as Mark Lowry sings in the linked video above, Who would change the world? Wow! That must’ve really been something, giving that Mother Mary a feeling of unmatched joy.

But back to my father in that nursing-car facility. And I recall him, every time I visited him, wanting me to read him a passage from the Bible (see the 1st Cor. 15 link above). And when I read that passage, talking with him about it’s meaning, he would smile almost like he did when a baby came into his midst; because he knew that one day, being born-again in Christ, he would not have to experience the pain he was experiencing at that time. Hearing this truth, my dad knew that one day he would have a new, incorruptible, body, which, dear friend, is the reality of where he is now. Because, right now, my father awaits that new body, and he has no pain, … just like a baby in the womb of his mother, as he is being nourished in the presence of the Savior. And one day my dad, in his new body, will rise again to be with Jesus forever.

And I’ll be there to join him. And in this reality, all I can say is … HALLELUJAH!!

My Prayer for Today … Oh, yes, Lord, HALLELUJAH!!… Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: