Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014 … The Sea of Forgetfulness

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 147

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go this video link to hear the contemporary group singing East to West, proclaiming the glory of just how far Christ brought us in taking ALL our sins on his shoulders on that cross.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: John 10: 9 [NKJV] …  
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: John 10: 1-10 [NKJV] … Go to this link
=============

Reference Passages #1 Psalms 103: 11-12 …  
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Reference Passages #2 Jeremiah 31: 34 …  
34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.  

Reference Passages #3 Micah 7: 18-19 …  
18 Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. 19 He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

 My Journal for Today: You know, … it’s hard – maybe impossible – for my finite mind to grasp the distance Christ brought me when He died on that cross for my sins, casting my sinfulness, as today’s Our Daily Bread reminded me, into the “sea of forgetfulness.” And if you challenged me on the concept, it would be difficult for me to explain how an omniscient – all knowing – God can choose to forget my sin even though He knows all sins I will commit before I ever commit them. Just too mind boggling; but PTL … true!!

I hope you’ve taken the time to use the God-Tube link above and hear the group, Casting Crowns, sing the poignant song, East to West, because that’s the conceptual distance God has allowed me to be separated from my natural sinfulness; and then as the song professes and the attached photo depicts, God took my sins and cast them into His “sea of forgetfulness” where He would never see them when He looks upon me. …

No, … PRAISE THE LORD [!!!]; all my Heavenly Father sees when He views me is His Son, Jesus; and because of my faith to receive His Saving grace, my Lord’s atoning death on the cross has separated me from my sin as far as it was between Christ’s two nailed hands on the cross … as far as the east is from the west. ...

I can't explain it.  I just accept it so very gratefully. 

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord, thank You for choosing to place me forever separated from my own sinfulness. And may my life reflect that gratitude… Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: