Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20, 2015 … Lost and Found

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 171

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a video of Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing on my favorites He’ll Do Whatever It Takes … declaring the love of our Good Shepherd, Who will do whatever it takes to bring His lost sheep back into His flock for eternity.


Highlight Passage Luke 15: 4 [NIV] … 
4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 
… Jesus to the Pharisees, … a parable of the lost sheep.
============
Highlight Context - Luke 15: 1-7 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Heaven rejoices when even one of His lost sheep are found
============

Reference Passage #1 - Psalms 100: 3 [NKJV] … 
3 Know that the Lord, … He is God! It is He Who has made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 
… We must be thankful that He is our Shepherd.

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 53:6 [NKJV] … 
6 All we, like sheep, have gone astray. We have turned, every one, to his own way. And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. 
… God’s plan to become our Good shepherd

Reference Passage #3 - John 3: 16-17 [NKJV] USE THIS LINK ...
… God sent His Son to be our loving, Good Shepherd, … seeking and saving the lost sheep.

Reference Passage #4 - John 10: 1-30 [NKJV] USE THIS LINK ... 
… Jesus is the Good Shepherd; and those in His flock know His voice and follow Him.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, related a personal story about a lost sheep which reminded me of my own “lost sheep” story.

 When I was a boy of about 10 or 11, I had a morning paper route. One morning, as I delivered my papers, I heard the loud bleating of a sheep, which had apparently fallen off a truck and was lost and wandering on my paper route. So, I cornered the sheep near a fence behind one of the houses on my route; and I was determined to keep the sheep corralled and safe from ongoing cars and then to return it to its owner. However, my father, who had been a cattle rancher in his youth, had little love for sheep; and when he came to find me [his own lost lamb] when I didn’t get home on time, he told me to let the “&@##%&” sheep go [his language was clear!]; …LOUDLY telling me that I was a fool to have tried to save that “&$##%&$” lost lamb.

 That incident confused me because I had always seen my father as a compassionate, loving man. But obviously he didn’t have the same love of sheep as did our Good Shepherd, Who came into this world to seek and to save His loving, but wayward, flock of sheep [see Isaiah 53: 6, John 3 and 10]. So, if you take in the attached photo, this morning’s song, and the attendant Scriptures, we, who’ve been pursued and purchased by the Love of God’s Shepherd, His Son, King Jesus.

 Can I sense a “HALLELUJAH,” … joining those in heaven who rejoiced where our Good Shepherd came after us, as His wayward lambs, and saved us from Satan, the world, and from our selves.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … You are my Good Shepherd, Who came after me and saved me from my self. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: