Friday, June 05, 2015

June 5, 2015 … A Worthy Walk?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 156

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a video of my friend, Clay Crosse and two of his friends, Bob Carlisle and Bebe Wynans, singing I Will Follow Christ … relating the challenge - yet the calling - to follow Christ.


Highlight Passage Philippians 3: 13-14 [ESV] … 
13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
… The former Saul of Tarsus, living out his calling as a post-resurrection Apostle,
============
Highlight Context - Philippians 3: 7-17 [ESV]USE THIS LINK
… Paul’s singular dedication to his calling in Christ
============

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [ESV] … 
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. 
… Trust and obey … there’s no other way!

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Corinthians 11: 16-28 [ESV] USE THIS LINK
… What Paul went through as an Apostle demonstrates his singular dedication to his calling as a Christian

Reference Passage #3 - Ephesians 4: 1-2 [ESV] … 
1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, … 
… Paul’s exhortation to live - as he did - in a manner worthy of our calling as a Christian …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David C McCasland, took his readers (me) back to the writings of the Apostle Paul, which make up close to 2/3 of the entire New Testament. Paul was a living example of His own teaching as well as a model of how Christians should live. 

Paul’s conversion on the road to Damascus was a miracle; and he knew it! … And so, Paul took his calling as a Christian, and especially as an Apostle, VERY seriously - just as he exhorted all believers in their calling as Christians (see the reference passages linked/copied above).

 And if you - as have i - take in the attached photo, the song sung by Clay Crosse and friends, as well as the Scriptures above, you may be challenged - as was I - to evaluate the dedication and worthiness of our calling in Christ.

 Are we living out what God has called us into as Christians? … Will we today?

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … I pray to walk a walk of worthiness as you have called me - as well as Your Apostle, Paul - to walk. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: