Saturday, January 12, 2019

January 12, 2019 … Worship Thru Service

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 12

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in YouTube images and lyrics from Hillsong United singing the worship refrain … Here We Are To Worship … powerfully singing of how we worship God by surrendering our unworthiness to the Worth One in how we live and what we do serve King Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 25:40 [NLT] … 40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these My brothers and sisters, you were doing it to Me!’ 
 … Jesus showing that anything we can do to encourage or help others become our overtures to serve our King, Jesus.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 25:37-40 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus clearly teaches us that reaching out to anyone in need is reaching out to serve Him. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Luke 4:8, 9:23 [NLT] … 8 Jesus replied, “The Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only Him.’ [Gen. 6:13]” 
 … 23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow Me. 
… Jesus’ clear declaration of what it takes to be His disciple. And our service to The Lord is our worship of Him.

Reference Passage : … John 12:26 [NLT] … 26 Anyone who wants to serve Me must follow Me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves Me. 
… As Christ’s disciples, anytime we follow Him to serve Him, we worship Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, uses a personal remembrance to illustrate how we can serve God so willingly with a simple act of service to others. The ODB author writes … My daughter was ready for school a little earlier than usual, so she asked if we could stop by the coffee shop on our way. I agreed. As we approached the drive-thru lane, I said, “Do you feel like spreading some joy this morning?” She said, “Sure.” 
We placed our order, then pulled up to the window where the barista told us what we owed. I said, “We’d like to pay for the young woman’s order behind us too.” My daughter had a huge smile on her face. 

As we’ve taken in today’s highlight Scriptures, the attached photo, and the linked song, I hope we come here with an attitude of doing all we can to worship our Lord, King Jesus, with the way we live our lives in service to the King. And as He says clearly from His word, anything we do, like the overture of caring love exhibited by the man and his daughter in the ODB story, we are worshipping our Lord and King.

So, today let’s look for ways that we can worship our Lord by serving the least of His children or reaching out to help others see His love light shining in what we do for/with them.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for giving me (us) the opportunity to worship You thru our service to any/all who might need to see Your love thru what we reach out to do to serve You by serving others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to reach out today to show Your love thru some act of encouragement or service to meet a need of someone who is actually You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: