Tuesday, January 22, 2019

January 22, 2019 … Children of God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 22

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in YouTube song and lyrics from the group Hillsong United singing … Who You Say I Am … poignantly singing of the reality of our identity in Christ; … that we are children of King Jesus, … children of God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 8:14 [NLT] … 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 
… Who, who’ve repented of sin and have received God’s Spirit are children of King Jesus. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:9-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul recognizes and teaches that all who receive Christ as Lord and Savior are children of the living God.
=============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul also teaches the truth that NOTHING in this world can ever separate a child of God from our loving Father in Heaven and His Spirit Who dwells in our hearts.

Reference Passage : … 1 John 5:11-12 [NLT] … 11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life. 
… TRUTH: That eternal life is found in EVERY child of God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, reflects on a personal moment when she realized that nothing would ever separate her from the love of her parents. The ODB author writes … During a church service I attended with my parents, according to the usual practice we held hands while saying the Lord’s Prayer together. As I stood with one hand clasped to my mother’s and the other to my father’s, I was struck by the thought that I will always be their daughter. Although I’m firmly in my middle age, I can still be called “the child of Leo and Phyllis.” I reflected that not only am I their daughter, but I will also always be a child of God. 

Oh how I pray that all reading here with me had earthly parents who made us feel that our identity and security were secure in our relationship with them. However, not all Christians, and certainly many non-believers, like the ODB author, can feel or say that.

However, when anyone who knows Christ as Lord and Savior is reading here with me, … we can KNOW that we are solid members of the family of God, … children of THE KING, … and secure in our eternal life with our Savior. We can sing along with the group, Hillsong, in the linked son of our identity, which is found in our relationship with Christ.

So, meditate on the truths above in today’s highlight and reference passages; … and then sing along with Hillsong United, … strongly, loudly, and boldly … “I am a child of God!”

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for having me in Your loving family … FOREVER!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to declare and share that our identity is found in the family of God and our loving relationship with our Lord and Savior, … King Jesus! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: