Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019 … Sharing Me - Sharing Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 16

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in YouTube song and lyrics from Brian Littrell singing … I Surrender All … poignantly singing of how we Christians must be willing to surrender our all to serve our Lord.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ruth 1:16 [NLT] … 16 But Ruth replied [to Naomi], “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. 
… Ruth surrenders all to her mother-in-law.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ruth 1:11-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Ruth surrenders her life for Naomi; and God rewards her by becoming the grandmother of King David.
=============

Reference Passage : … Mark 10:42-45 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus rebukes His disciples for their selfishness and shows them how we must live to serve one another just as He lived to serve all who would follow Him in faith as true disciples.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 6:8-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, clearly lays out how we are to live for others first, rather than just for ourselves.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 2:3-4 [NLT] … 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. 
… Paul repeats his exhortation for Christians to live, as Christ did, for others.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Peter Chin, uses word picture of a child being selfish, showing us how we all can be at times. The ODB author writes … “But I don’t want to share!” wailed my youngest child, brokenhearted that he would have to part with even one of his many LEGO pieces [see photo]. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity, but truthfully, this attitude is not limited to children. How much of my own life, and really all of human experience, is marked by a stubborn resistance to freely and generously give to others? 

Common! … We need to admit that at times we all can be like the child in the ODB story, can’t we … unwilling to share what Jesus has given to us COMPLETELY? And today’s highlight passage from the story of Ruth illustrates how God wants all of His children to live, surrendering who we are in God’s kingdom to serve others.

Jesus certainly showed that to His disciples (and to us) in the Mark 10 passage, linked above, didn’t He? And His Apostle, Paul, repeated the exhortation for Christians to share our lives serving others in his letters to the Galatians and Philippians (and really to all of us Christians).

So, how’re we doing? Might it be a good idea to live more in a Christlike servant mode and be willing to share some of our legos with others today?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your perfect model of how to be a sharing servant in Your kingdom.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me - at least today - to do all we can to share our “toys” [and life] with others. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: