Friday, February 07, 2020

February 7, 2020 …Doing What Really Matters …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 38 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group Casting Crowns singing … If We Are the Body … powerfully singing of how we Christians need to join in as Christ’s body to reach out and serve Him in His kingdom … TOGETHER working for His glory.

My "To Do" List for Today

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Colossians 3:17 [ESV] ...  17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 
… What we do matters; … but for Whom we do it matters more !!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Colossians 3:12-17 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Paul, exhorts us as disciples of Christ to do whatever we do in His Name and for His glory.
==============

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [ESV] … 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 
… When we live and act in obedience to God’s word, we live and act for God’s glory.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 10:31 [ESV] … 31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 
… Paul so wanted his fellow Christians to do all we do - whatever we do - for God’s glory.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1-5 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ...    
… Paul conveys the urgency for God’s body to work for His glory, … but doing it TOGETHER as the body of Christ (see linked song).

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Julie Schwab, uses a personal challenge to illustrate a dilemma all Christians face in this stressful world, … doing as much as we can to honor God. … The ODB author wrote: I dropped my forehead to my hand with a sigh, “I don’t know how I’m going to get it all done.” My friend’s voice crackled through the phone: “You have to give yourself some credit. You’re doing a lot.” He then listed the things I was trying to do—maintain a healthy lifestyle, work, do well in graduate school, write, and attend a Bible study. [see photo] I wanted to do all these things for God, but instead I was more focused on what I was doing than how I was doing it—or that perhaps I was trying to do too much. 

I would expect that many reading here have a “TO-DO” list already generated - at least in our heads, if not on paper (see photo), trying to get a bunch of stuff done today. And make no mistake, what we do, as Christians, especially when we’re working together (see attached song) is important. But as the ODB entry today brings out, how we do what we do and for Whom we do it is far more important. 

So, I’m praying today that we all look at our “to-do” lists and see if the priority listings are being done for God’s glory and especially prioritizing the STUFF that we can do TOGETHER as Christians for God’s kingdom. Yes, as the old Fed-Ex motto cries out … Let’s “just do it;” but more importantly let’s get it done for God’s glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for calling us, thru Your words and the Apostle Paul’s (see above), to worthiness for Your Name and glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to insure what what we do is for YOUR glory and not our own. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: