Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February 26, 2020 … Joyful Memories

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 57 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of Sara Groves leading in worship and singing … Joy Is In Our Hearts … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, can hold onto joy in our hears even in times of trial or peril.

Philippians 4:13 highlighted 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Philippians 4:4 [ESV] ... 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.   … Paul exhorts fellow Christians to always hold joyful thoughts in our hearts; and then in the rest of the highlight passage, he shows how to do that.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Philippians 4:4-9 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Apostle Paul shows fellow Christians how to bring up joy-filled thoughts in their minds to spark praise for the Lord.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 16:11 [ESV] … 11  You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. 
… Even in a tough time in his life, David was able to hold onto joy in his heart.

Reference Passage : … Nehemiah 8:10 [ESV] … 10 Then he (Nehemiah) said to them [God’s people], “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” 
… Nehemiah, in though times for God’s people, exhorts them to hold on to joy-filled thoughts.

Reference Passage : … Romans 15:13 [ESV] … 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 
 … Paul’s prayer for his fellow Christians, especially in times of trial or tribulation.

Reference Passage : … James 1:2 [ESV] … 2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 
… God, thru Jesus’ brother James, also calls us to reflect joy in our relationship with Christ, … yes, even when we face trials which increase our faith.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Cindy Hess Kasper, tells of special memories from her past which give her great joy upon reflection. … The ODB author wrote: In What We Keep, a collection of interviews by Bill Shapiro, each person tells of a single item that holds such importance and joy that he or she would never part with it. 
This caused me to reflect on the possessions that mean the most to me and bring me joy. One is a simple forty-year-old recipe card in my mom’s handwriting. Another is one of my grandma’s pink teacups. Other people may value treasured memories—a compliment that encouraged them, a grandchild’s giggle, or a special insight they gleaned from Scripture. [See photo] 

One such memory, and the reason the verse Phil. 4:13 will be highlighted in every Bible I have (again see photo), is how God used that verse to save my soul (too long a story for now). But any time someone brings up that verse in Bible study or when I hear it referenced in a sermon, my heart jumps for joy, remembering how God broke thru my angry atheist facade and brought me into the family of God using that verse.

I pray that all reading with me here have memories, as the ODB author wrote about, … memories which spark joy in your heart and bring you closer to the Lord today. If so, … stop right now … and reflect on one of those memories and get a good hug from God’s Spirit.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me thoughts and reflections which give me joy in times of trial.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to dwell on thoughts of joy and praise our Lord, … no matter what our circumstances may be. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: