Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24, 2020 … Free At Last

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 55 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song, images, and lyrics from Nichole Nordeman singing … Finally Free … poignantly singing of how any Christian can walk free from past chains of bondage to self and Satan by a deep and abiding relationship with Christ.

Free at last in Christ !!! 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 5:20 [ESV] ...  20 And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him, and everyone marveled. 
… The man, freed by Jesus of demon possession, joyfully witnessed to his freedom to others. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 5:1-20 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Mark tells of Jesus releasing a man to freedom from demon possession.
==============

Reference Passage : … John 8:36 [ESV] … 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 
… John declares that God’s Son, our Savior, can - and will - set any true disciple of His free from past bondage to sin.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 3:17, 5:17 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… As newly born disciples of Christ, His Spirit dwells in us; and where God’s Spirit resides there is freedom from past sin.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 4:3-7 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, helps Christians realize that we are no longer slaves to sin; but filled with God’s Spirit in Christ, we can walk free from our past bondage to sin.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 5:1 [ESV] … 1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.  
… Paul calls fellow Christians to stand fast in the freedom we have from the yoke and slavery to sin.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Arthur Jackson, relates a story of a young man who was able to be freed from his past bondage to drugs by his newly found and developed relationship with Christ. … The ODB author wrote: “I lived with my mother so long that she moved out!” Those were the words of KC, whose life before sobriety and surrender to Jesus was not pretty. He candidly admits supporting his drug habit by stealing—even from loved ones. That life is behind him now and he rehearses this by noting the years, months, and days he’s been clean. When KC and I regularly sit down to study God’s Word together, l’m looking at a changed man. 

Can my readers relate? I sure can !! I spent over two decades of my youth in bondage to compulsive/addictive sexual sin; but when I surrendered to Christ’s pursuit and decided to follow Him, … His Spirit, residing in me, allowed me to experience what Nichole Nordeman sings in the linked song … “Finally Free!!”

And my prayer today is that all reading here are walking in the freedom Christ offers in the Scriptures above; because if you aren’t, feel free to email me (@ billb13@bellsouth.net ) and I’ll help you find that freedom.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for the freedom I, and any born-again Christian, has in our surrender to follow You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to yoke ourselves with Christ and walk free from Satan, the world, and the flesh. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: