Sunday, February 16, 2020

February 16, 2020 … Speaking With Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 47 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song, images, and lyrics from Tim McGraw singing … Humble and Kind … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, need to overcome our human nature with an attitude of Christlikeness.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ephesians 4:1-2 [ESV] ...   10 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, … 
 … Paul, trying to help others live and interact as Jesus would … with humility and gentleness. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ephesians 4:1-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Paul, seeking for Christians to live in unity, exhorts believers to live as Christ would live, always speaking and living with humility and meekness.
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:29 [ESV] … 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
… Jesus commands His disciples to live as He lived … with humility and gentleness.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4: 15, … 29 [ESV] … 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him Who is the head, into Christ,  … 29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. 
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to speak as Jesus would speak … ALWAYS in love, lifting others up with words of grace.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 2:3-7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to hold onto and express an attitude of humility and servanthood, … i.e., living and speaking as would Christ.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, uses a common human scenario to illustrate how our human nature can often lead us to attack others rather than humbly reasoning with them. … The ODB author wrote: When public debate erupted over a controversial Singapore law, it divided believers with differing views. Some called others “narrow-minded” or accused them of compromising their faith. 
Controversies can cause sharp divisions among God’s family, bringing much hurt and discouraging people. I’ve been made to feel small over personal convictions on how I apply the Bible’s teachings to my life. And I’m sure I’ve been equally guilty of criticizing others I disagree with. 
I wonder if the problem lies not in what or even in how we express our views, but in the attitudes of our hearts when we do so. Are we just disagreeing with views or seeking to tear down the people behind them? 

My friends and fellow Christians, … listen to Tim McGraw’s song, linked above; and then ask yourself, as I did today after meditating on the ODB entry and the scriptures which came to my mind to share, … “Am I living and speaking with Christlike humility and gentleness? … OR … Am I letting my base human nature try to control others with the way I speak and live my life?” 

And I, … for one, … need to do more to live as Tim McGraw sings today … and tomorrow! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing us the way to speak out when controversy or selfishness is my reaction to life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to put our tongues under Your control and speak out with love and grace in all interactions with others today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: