Sunday, February 09, 2020

February 9, 2020 … My Mall Meltdown

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 40 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … Be Still and Know … poignantly singing of how are God never changes and is ALWAYS there to lift us up.

A Big Mall Meltdown !!! 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 103: 8, … 14 [ESV] ...  8  The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. … 14  For He knows our frame; …  He remembers that we are dust. 
… King David sings of how our God is slow to anger … even when we are confused by or angry at Him.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 103:8-14 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, in King David’s song, reminds of His eternal patients with His children.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23:4 [ESV] … 4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, … I will fear no evil, for You are with me; … Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
… God is our good shepherd, … there to comfort us, … even in the most trying of times.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] … 10  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
… Got, thru Isaiah, promises us that He will ALWAYS be there to lift us up when we’re afraid or weakened.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
… Jesus promises to always be there and help us carry the load in even the most confusing and trying times.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [ESV] … 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 
… When we’re having a “melt-down,” Jesus wants to come in and share it with us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, relates a story of parents dealing with a meltdown of their child to illustrate how God is so patient with His children. … The ODB author wrote: The young father was at the end of his rope. “Ice cream! Ice cream!” his toddler screamed. The meltdown in the middle of the crowded mall [see photo] began drawing the attention of shoppers nearby. “Fine, but we just need to do something for mommy first, okay?” the father said. “Nooooo! Ice cream!” And then she approached them: a small, well-dressed woman with shoes that matched her handbag. “He’s having a big fit,” the father said. The woman smiled and responded, “Actually, it looks like a big fit is having your little boy. Don’t forget he’s so small. He needs you to be patient and stay close.” The situation didn’t magically resolve itself, but it was just the kind of pause the father and son needed in the moment. 

You know, … we adults can have our own “meltdowns,” not unlike the little boy in the mall. We want things to go smoothly and we we’d really prefer they went OUR way, satisfying our desires? But often, when things dong got our way, … life can drive us to want to cry out, “I want my ice-cream (!!),”.

But fellow Christian, there are just going to be times when we want to have our little pity party or our own mall meltdown. And when it happens … and it will … we need to take to heart what Steven Curtis Chapman sings in the linked song and what God promises in His word (see scriptures above). Because our Heavenly Father … our Savior … our King, Jesus … is there for us … to comfort us in our melt-downs and lift us up when we’re weak or confused. And He will ALWAYS be there for us. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being Your ALWAYS … NEVER-CHANGING … Self, … for being my King Jesus.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to know that our God is ALWAY there for us in our mall meltdowns. Join me in a robust, “PRAISE THE LORD!!!” Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: