Friday, February 14, 2020

February 14, 2020 … Bumpy Roads

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 45 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and images from Laura Story singing her song … Blessings … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, on the bumpy roads of life, often find God’s blessings disguised in the wrappings of trials and tribulations.

Traveling the bumpy roads of life ... 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 16:1 [ESV] ...   1  Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. 
… Prayer in song from David for God’s mercy/grace and love in times of trial.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 16 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… David turns to His faithful God, especially in though times.
==============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] …  10 … fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
… God’s promise to always be there for His people who hold true in our faith.

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Even in the worst of times, God’s faithfulness promises that His love and mercy will never cease.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28: 38-39 … USE THIS LINK [ESV] …
… Paul expresses for faithful believers that even the worst of times are for our good and for His glory and that NOTHING can separate us from His love.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] … 13 I can do ALL things through Him Who strengthens me. 
 … No matter what our circumstances we can rely on God’s strength to cover our weaknesses.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a personal story of some tough times to help us realize that we can still rely on God’s mercy and grace even when we travel the bumpy roads of life. … The ODB author wrote: Physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted, I curled up in my recliner. Our family had followed God’s leading and had moved from California to Wisconsin. After we arrived, our car broke down and left us without a vehicle for two months. Meanwhile, my husband’s limited mobility after an unexpected back surgery and my chronic pain complicated our unpacking. We uncovered costly problems with our new-to-us, old home. Our senior dog suffered with health issues. And though our new pup brought great joy, raising a furry ball of energy was far more work than anticipated. My attitude soured. How was I supposed to have unshakable faith while traveling on a bumpy road of hardships? 

I think we’d all agree that the road of life can be rocky and bumpy at times (see photo). But most, if not all, of us would agree that those rocky roads are the ones which bring us closer to an abiding relationship with God than the smooth, downhill roads of life.

So, today if any reading here are walking one of those rough roads, take in Laura Story’s song and pray that God helps you see that, as the scriptures above lift us up, … our God’s mercies never cease and that He’s always there to give us the strength to walk on; … because, as God, thru Paul, promises … NOTHING can separate us from God’s love and His amazing grace.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for helping us walk the rough roads of life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to faithfully keep on keeping on as we walk the bumpy roads of life. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: