Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February 19, 2020 … Eyes Opened

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 50 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Jesse Manibusan singing … Open My Eyes … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, need to open our eyes, ears, and our hearts to the reality of our relationship with King Jesus, our Messiah and LORD.

Asian Roars

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2Kings 6:17 [ESV] ...  17 Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 
… Elisha’s servant had his eyes of faith opened to see God’s empowering grace on display. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2Kings 6:8-17 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Elisha’s intervention, helped his servant to see the real power of God. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Isiah 41:8, … 10 [ESV] … 8  But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; … 10  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
 … God is always there to lift up His chosen people.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:31 [ESV] … 31 … If God is for us, who can be against us? 
… Truly … if we believe this truth, what fear should we have?

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
… Paul experienced God’s grace in times of trial and pain, learning and sharing that Jesus’ empowering grace is ALWAYS sufficient to strengthen us when we’re weakened.

Reference Passage : … 1John 4:4 [ESV] … 4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 
…  God's Spirit in us is far greater than those powers in the world. 

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Remi Oyedele, uses a C.S. Lewis literature reference to illustrate how we Christians need to open our eyes to the reality of our God and His awesome empowering grace. … The ODB author wrote: In C. S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, all of Narnia is thrilled when the mighty lion Aslan reappears after a long absence. Their joy turns to sorrow, however, when Aslan concedes to a demand made by the evil White Witch. Faced with Aslan’s apparent defeat, the Narnians experience his power when he emits an earsplitting roar [see photo] that causes the witch to flee in terror. Although all seems to have been lost, Aslan ultimately proves to be greater than the villainous witch. 

How often, my fellow Christian, when circumstances seem overwhelming, are we blinded to the reality and power of our God and His empowering grace, … and His desire to lift us up when we are down. That was certainly the case in the highlight story of God’s people being attacked by a Syrian army and not being able to see God’s army which was SO MUCH MORE powerful than the enemy. 

And that’s the case when we’re feeling attacked on all sides by the world. As God’s word promises, our Lord is ALWAYS more powerful than the forces in the world (see Romans 8:31 and 1John 4:4); and our God ALWAYS desires to lift us up with His mighty right hand (see Isaiah 41:10). So, … if we’re feeling down or weak today, pray diligently for God to open our eyes to His grace which is ALWAYS sufficient to strengthen us (see 2Cor. 12:9).

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there for us … ALWAYS!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to be thank our God for giving us His empowering grace to strengthen us when we feeling weak. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: