Tuesday, January 09, 2024

January 9, 2024 … God’s Everlasting Love

January 9, 2024 …  God’s Everlasting Love  


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Matt Boswell and Matt Papa  singing The Everlasting Love of God …  Singing of how Our God’s love is everlasting for those who surrender and obey Him.  


God's love letter from His word ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: … Jeremiah 31:3  [NLT] … 

Long ago The Lord said to Israel:  “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love, with unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself. 

… God promises His everlasting love to His chosen people.      


Highlight Passage (in context): … Jeremiah 31:1-6 … USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise, thru Jeremiah, to His people of His everlasting and eternal love.                      

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Psalms 136:26 {NLT] … 

26 God thanks to the God of heaven.  His faithful love endures forever.   

… The Psalmist declares in song that God’s love is everlasting.  


Reference Passage: … Zephaniah 3:17 {NLT] … 

17 For the LORD, your God, is living among you.  He isa mighty Savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With His love, He will calm ALL your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.  

… The Prophet declares the extent of God’s love for His chosen people. 


Reference Passage: … John 3:16-17 (NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus shows the extent of God’s faithful and everlasting love.     


Reference Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”.  

… Jesus declares to His disciples (and to us) that those who really love Him are those who obey His words and follow Him.   


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 13:4-8 (NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches fellow Christians about the extent of God’s love.         


Reference Passage: … 1John 3:16 (NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up His life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.   

… We Christians know the eternal extent of God’s love in that His son was willing to die for us to save those who obediently believe in The Lord.           

        

My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author , James Banks -  AT THIS LINK -   remembers the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning when she wrote and published her words of love for Robert Browning, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.” 


And James Banks, the author of today’s ODB entry, uses Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s open and honest declaration of love to illustrate the extent of God’s love for His chosen people, which comes from His word (see photo).  And that’s why you read today - and you will daily as long as i’m able  - to go to God’s love letter - HIS WORD - as my God asks me to show my love for HIM thru my obedience to Him and His word.  Will you join me?       


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for sharing Your love for me thru Your word every day.                 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to thank You Lord, for sharing Your love for us thru Your word     … Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: