Wednesday, April 03, 2024

April 3, 2024 … Hearing His Voice …

April 3, 2024 …  Hearing His Voice        


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Patrick Mayberry, featuring Zahriya Zachery, singing Lead On, Good Shepherd …  Poignantly and powerfully singing of how we Christians hear our Good Shepherd’s voice and trusting to follow Him WHEREVER He leads.   


How I hear you, Lord! ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: … John 10:3 [NLT] …  

The gatekeeper opens the gate for Him, and the sheep recognize His voice and come to Him. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.             

… Jesus calls His flock and the follow Him, … recognizing His voice.                                    


Highlight Passage (in context): … John 10:1-11, 16-27 … USE THIS LINK 

… Jesus shows that HE is our Good Shepherd, Who opens the Gate, leading His flock, who follow His voice, to His glorious pasture.                              

=========  


Highlight Passage (in context): …  Proverbs 3:5-6 …  USE THIS LINK 

… God’s Spirit, thru Solomon, calls for believers to trust and follow the Lord WHEREVER He leads them (us).  


Highlight Passage (in context): …  Jeremiah 33:3 … (NLT) … 

Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.  

… God promises His people to show them wonderful things in the future if we are willing to ask and follow Him.    


Highlight Passage (in context): …  Luke 11:28 … 

28 “Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”  

…Jesus shows that those who hear His voice, thru the Word of God, and follow Him will be blessed by The Lord.


Highlight Passage (in context): …  John 8:47, 14:26 … (NLT) … USE THIS LINK   

… Jesus teaches His born-again followers that He will lead those who love and follow His voice thru His words of truth (i.e., God’s word).    


Highlight Passage (in context): … Revelation 3:20 … (NLT) …  

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.   

… Jesus promises to bless those who hear His voice and open the door to His fellowship.                     

My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Xochitl Dixon-  AT THIS LINK -   wrote about a little deaf baby being fitted for his first hearing aid; … and when the aid was turned on, the baby quit crying immediately and radiated a smile, hearing his mother’s voice for the first time calming and encouraging her little child.      


Can you remember, when you first began to really know the Lord and you began to really hear and follow the Lord’s voice, perhaps thru a mentor or from really hearing God’s Spirit lead you thru His Holy Word.  I do; …  and I still come to my quiet place here every day to listen to my Good Shepherd lead me thru His word.  And I join with today’s linked song, by saying “Lead on, Good Shepherd, … lead on!” … I hear Your voice, Lord, thru Your word, and I will follow You forever!  … Do you hear Him calling, my friend?   I pray so!!                               

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me to follow You, Lord, thru Your word.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me today, … to seek to really hear You, Lord, thru Your word, and then following You EVERYWHERE You lead us.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: