Thursday, April 04, 2024

April 4, 2024 … Safety In God’s Arms …

April 4, 2024 …  Safety In God’s Arms         


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Cece Winans singing The Goodness of God …  Poignantly and powerfully singing of how we Christians are covered by the safety of God’s loving and protective grace.     


Lifted up by the arms of our Lord ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: …  Psalms 91:15 [NLT] …  

15 When they call on Me, I … [The LORD] … will answer; I will be with them in trouble.  I will rescue and honor them.             

… God’s promise, thru Moses and/or King David of The LORD”S protection of God’s faithful followers.                                     


Highlight Passage (in context): … Psalms 91:1-2, 14-16 … USE THIS LINK 

… A song of God’s promise of protection to those who love and faithfully surrender to The Lord’s watch-care.                                

=========  


Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 33:12 (NLT) …  

12 Moses said about the tribe of Benjamin, …  “The People of Benjamin are loved by the LORD and live in safety beside Him.  He surrounds them continuously and preserves them from every harm.”  

…God’s promise to watch over His faithful remnant of believers with His watch-care of protection.


Reference Passage: …  Psalms 121:5-8 … (NLT) ... USE THIS LINK 

… God’s promise, thru King David’s song, that He, The LORD, ALWAYS watches over His faithful remnant of believers.      


Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT) … USE THIS LINK 

… God’s Spirit, thru Solomon, calls for believers to trust and follow the Lord WHEREVER He leads them (us) under God’s protective care.  

 

Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 … </b> 

10 Don’t be afraid for I AM with you.  Don’t be discouraged for I AM your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

…God’s promise thru Isaiah of God’s eternal watch-care of strength and protection. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20 … (NLT) … </b> 

20 “… And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”   

… Jesus promise to be with all born-again Christians they (we) carry our His Great Commission. 


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 … (NLT) … </b> 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

… Jesus promises His disciples (and all faithful Christians), who will be (and are) encountering trials and troubles in the world that He, The LORD has overcome the world.  

                   

My Devotional Journal:Today’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Leslie Koh -  AT THIS LINK  tells of a little girl going to see the dentist was terrified when she heard the sound of the dentist’s drill.  But the Dentist had the girl’s father sit in the dentist’s chair and hold the girl in his lap; which called the child as the dentist did his work.  


With that ODB story as a backdrop, I love the attached photo as it depicts any of us who are broken and held in the protective and restorative ams of Jesus.  That was certainly me in 1983 when I surrendered in my brokenness to be lifted out of my past weakness by the strength and loving arms of my LORD and SAVIOR.  Perhaps some of you reading here with me right now can identify with being held up by our Lord.  I’m stopping here - right now - to pray for you as you take in the linked song and meditate on the Scriptures shared above.                               

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS lifting me up when I need Your strength.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me today, … to surrender and be lifted by Your strength, Lord.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen!,
Kjetil!,