Monday, May 06, 2024

May 6, 2024 … Trust And Obey …

May 6, 2024 …  Trust And Obey         


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics with Big Daddy Weave singing Trust and Obey … Powerfully singing of how we Christians are to trust and obey in following His will and His ways in life.

 

We TRUST and OBEY ... 


==========

Highlight Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”           

  Jesus assures His disciples, and all born-again believers, that He will reveal Himself and His ways to all who trust and obey to follow His word.                                                    


Highlight Passage (in context): … John 14:15-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus assures His disciples in the upper room right before His predicted death that those who love Him and obey His word will be cared for by God’s Spirit … ALWAYS!                                     

===========           


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … 

5 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart;  do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in ALL you do, and He will show you which path to take. 

… Solomon shows God’s people that they (we) must avoid trusting in our our own ways of seeing things and bring them to God to obey Him and follow His directions. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 1:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… God’s word thru Isaiah promises the Lord’s protection for those who trust and follow Him.              

Reference Passage: … Acts 5:27-29 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… Jesus’ disciple gave witness to the Jewish high council that that were bound by their trust in God to follow HIM rather than to follow the ungodly directions of mankind.           

 

Reference Passage: … 1Peter 1:14 [NLT] …  

14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 

…The Apostle Peter exhorts fellow Christians to be obedient children of God and to follow God’s ways rather than our own desires. 


Reference Passage: … 1John 5:3 [NLT] … 

 Loving God means keeping His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome. 

…The Apostle John shows that the ones who really love God follow His commandments. 


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Xochitl Dixon -  AT THIS LINK  -    wrote about having a moment of reflection during her wedding ceremony, reacting with rebellion to the word “obey” in the wedding vows.  Yes, the OBD author said, “I do” to the vows; but since that  rebellious moment, she has come to realize that the word “obey” in scripture <b>(see passages above)</b> refers to being in surrender to follow God’s will rather than our own flesh.     

Today, as I take in the reflections of God’s word and the linked song above, I’ve come to the realization that trusting in God’s truth (i.e, His word) to lead me in life shows my love for my Lord rather than trying to fight thru life on my own accord.  So I pray all of us have taken on a “trust and obey” attitude and are surrendered to follow God’s way thru His word … EVERY DAY!          

My THANKFULNESS:.. Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …for loving me by showing Your way in life thru Your word.. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me today, … to show our love for You, Lord, by following Your word.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: