Saturday, January 25, 2020

January 25, 2020 … Liar, Lunatic, or LORD?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 25 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing … The Answer … poignantly singing of how Jesus, being God, is the answer to all our questions in life.

Jesus Is Our LORD and the Creator of all 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Colossians 1:15-16 [ESV] ...  15 He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him. 
… And we either believe Jesus is God, … the Creator …, or not.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Colossians 1:15-22 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Apostle Paul declares clearly Who Jesus is, … the Creator of all … in/for Himself as God. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 9:6-7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… 700+ years before Christ was born, His majesty, as Messiah and Lord, was prophesied.

Reference Passage : … John 10:30 [ESV] … 30 I and the Father are one.” 
 … Jesus declares clearly and openly that He and God, the Father, are one. But do we believe Him?

Reference Passage : … Colossians 2:9-10 [ESV] … 9 For in Him [Jesus] the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 
… Paul reinforces [see also highlight text above] God’s teaching thru the Apostle that Jesus is God !!

Reference Passage : … Revelation 22:13 [ESV] … 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” 
 … Jesus reveals Himself fully to John in His revelation.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a personal testimony to declare how the author came to realize that Jesus truly was/is God; and that our salvation rests in our belief in His divinity. … The ODB author wrote: Before I came to faith in Jesus, I’d heard the gospel preached but wrestled with His identity. How could He offer forgiveness for my sins when the Bible says only God can forgive sins? I discovered I wasn’t alone in my struggles after reading J. I. Packer’s Knowing God.  Packer suggests that for many unbelievers the “really staggering Christian claim is that Jesus of Nazareth was God made man . . . as truly and fully divine as He was human.” Yet this is the truth that makes salvation possible. 

Who is Jesus?” … That’s the most important question one will ever answer for Him or Her self. And, in answering that question, one must decide, as a number of authors have posited, … Was Jesus … a LIAR, … LUNATIC, … or - as He, Himself, claimed (see John 10:30), … LORD?

It took me almost 40 years of my life to answer that question; and I came to agreement with the Apostle Paul (see the highlight/reference verses from Colossians) that Jesus truly is one with God, … and in fact, as Jeremy Camp sings in the linked song, … Jesus, being Who He said He was/is in Rev. 22:13), is the answer to all our questions and issues in life.

And I pray today that all reading here have made Him our LORD and our answer for our biggest question … “Whom will we follow into eternity?”

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Jesus, … for being Whom Your are … our LORD !!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to follow You into eternity. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: