Friday, January 03, 2020

January 3, 2020 … God Waits Patiently

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 3 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Travis Greene singing … You Waited … worshipfully singing of how our God is willing to wait on us to come to Him for His love, mercy, and amazing grace.

We wait on God ... but He waits on us too 
=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 30:18 [NLT] ...   18  So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. 
… God faithfully and patiently waits on us to come to Him for His grace.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 30:8-18 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God shows His faithfulness and His willingness to wait for His faithless people to come to Him for His help and mercy.
==============

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Great is God’s faithfulness and His mercies are new every morning for the faithful who wait on Him.

Reference Passage : … Romans 9:22-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul teaches fellow Christians about God’s amazing and patient grace which He extends to those He has selected for glory - and that’s us, fellow Christian!!!

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… Jesus confirms His willingness to patiently knock continuously on the hearts of believers and His patient waiting for us to open the door on His amazing love and mercy and grace.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Winn Collier, uses a testimony of an artist who discovered how God was willing to wait on her coming to surrender to His amazing saving and sanctifying grace. … The ODB author wrote: When Denise Levertov was just twelve, long before she became a renowned poet, she had the gumption to mail a package of poetry to the great poet T. S. Eliot. She then waited for a reply. Surprisingly, Eliot sent two pages of handwritten encouragement. In the preface to her collection The Stream and the Sapphire, she explained how the poems “trace [her] own movement from agnosticism to Christian faith.” It’s powerful, then, to recognize how one of the later poems (“Annunciation”) narrates Mary’s surrender to God. Noting the Holy Spirit’s refusal to overwhelm Mary and His desire for Mary to freely receive the Christ child, these two words blaze at the poem’s center: “God waited.” 

Oh how I identify with this poet’s story and her discovery how God is willing to wait patiently for recalcitrant souls to come to Him. That was my story too, as I rejected God as an angry atheist for the first 39 years of my life. But He waited on me, … coming after me relentlessly, … and then, when I finally surrendered to Christ as my Lord, He has poured out His love and available mercies on me, giving me the enabling grace of His Spirit to lead me in life.

And every day, for those who’re willing to respond to His invitation (see Revelation 3:20), our Lord patently knocks at the door of our hearts and waits for us to open the door and let Him in, where/when He will pour out His amazing love/grace for us. I pray we open the door for Him to come in today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for Your ever available, … amazing grace.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to open the door of our hearts today to let our Lord come in and dole out His love and grace into our lives. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: