Wednesday, January 08, 2020

January 8, 2020 … Our Eternal Legacy

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 8 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Nicole C Mullen singing … My Redeemer Lives … poignantly singing of her testimony in song of the reality that we will live forever with our Redeemer … AND ON TO THIS LINK with Nichole Nordeman singing of the only legacy we Christians should choose to purse - our eternal relationship with Christ.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Job 19:25-26 [NLT] ...   25  “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and He will stand upon the earth at last. 26  And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God  … Job’s declared faith in his eternal legacy as a believer int the One True God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Job 19:21-27 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… In helping Christians lead a more Christlike life, the author of Hebrews includes the possibility of encountering angels.
==============

Reference Passage : … Job 42:1-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Job finally surrenders to faith in his relationship (i.e., his legacy) in the One True God, yielding everything to God’s control.

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 
… If we are to be disciples [i.e., followers] of Christ we must deny ourselves and live as He lived; and that MUST be our eternal legacy … Jesus and ONLY JESUS.

Reference Passage : … John 15:1-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… This should be the legacy pursuit of all Christians.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Tim Gustafson, uses the declarations of faith by Job to show what should be the legacy pursuit of all Christians. … The ODB author wrote: “I just want people to remember me a hundred years from now,” said screenwriter Rod Serling in 1975. Creator of the TV series The Twilight Zone, Serling wanted people to say of him, “He was a writer.” Most of us can identify with Serling’s desire to leave a legacy—something to give our lives a sense of meaning and permanence. 
The story of Job shows us a man struggling with meaning amid life’s fleeting days. In a moment, not just his possessions but those most precious to him, his children, were taken. Then his friends accused him of deserving this fate. Job cried out: “Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever!” (Job 19:23–24). 

When you’ve heard the linked songs, with Nichole C Mullen singing “My Redeemer Lives,” which comes from Job’s declaration of faith in Job 19:25 and Nichole Nordeman, singing of our “Legacy” as Christians, did you ask yourself, as I did, what we consider is our legacy from living this life as Christians?

And I pray that we all have declared openly, in faith as did Job, that our only legacy must be how we are living our lives to honor JESUS as our ONLY legacy pursuit (see photo). And from that, as Job discovered in Job 42:1-6, we must know that our faith relationship with the Lord is the only legacy worth pursuing … no matter what happens in life.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing us our legacy to live to honor You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to surrender all to the legacy of faith we have in our relationship with Christ, our Redeemer. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: