Friday, July 02, 2021

July 2, 2021 … Choosing Faithfulness …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 183 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Matt Maher singing  Faithfulness … poignantly singing about the faithfulness of our God. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 18:20, … 27 [NLT] …  

20 The Lord rewarded me for doing right; He restored me because of my innocence. … 27 To the faithful You show Yourself faithful; … to those with integrity You show integrity.  

… Another example that we reap what we sow in our choice to follow our Lord.       

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm18:20-27 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Young David, thanking God for the Lord’s faithfulness in honoring his own faithfulness to follow the Lord thru the trials of Saul’s pursuit.    

==============           


Reference Passage: … 1Samuel 12:24 [NLT] … 

24 But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve Him. Think of all the wonderful things He has done for you. 

… God, thru the Prophet Samuel, charging God’s people to remain faithful in following their God … ALWAYS!  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK .. 

… God, thru Solomon, shows us that we should trust and follow God faithfully … ALWAYS, … and our God will ALWAYS be faithful to lead us thru life. 


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 

… Jesus calls on His disciples to deny ourselves and be faithful to follow Him. 


Reference Passage: … Luke 16:10 [NLT] … 

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. 

… Jesus’ parable to show that we can’t serve two masters … we must choose to serve God rather than money or the world. But we get to choose!! 


Reference Passage: …Hebrews 10:23 [ESV] … 

23 Let us hold tightly WITHOUT WAVERING to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.   

… Our God can always be trusted to be faithful; … but can we be trusted to be faithful to Him? 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, AT THIS LINK  … uses a Novella by Leo Tolstoy, entitled Family Happiness, which tells of the unfaithfulness of a young bride to her faithful husband …  to illustrate, as the Scriptures above attest, that we must choose to be faithful to our Lord, Who is ALWAYS faithful to His beloved family of disciples and as the Bridegroom to His beloved Church.  


So, I’m praying this morning, out of my love for my Lord and the realization of my sin nature, that I can be a faithful Bride today - for at least on full day - to follow Jesus’ command in Luke 9:23.  Then, I pray we all can choose - and continue  - to be faithful tomorrow as well.        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your empowering grace to be faithful to You, my LORD.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to be a faithful disciple and follower of our Lord today; and then again tomorrow.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: