Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 24, 2021 … God Is Our Protector …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 205 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing  His Strength Is Perfect … Poignantly singing of how God’s strength is always there to lift us up even when our strength is gone. 



==============

Highlight Passage:   Deuteronomy 1:31  [NIV] …  

31 And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place.’  

Moses reminds God’s people how the Lord provided and protected them all the years they had wandered in the wilderness.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Deuteronomy 1:26-31 [NIV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Moses reminds God’s grumbling people that their God will never abandon them and always be the to lift them out of their fears and to go, as God promised, into the promised land.          

==============                          


Reference Passage: … Psalm 91:1-4 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God shows us, thru His Psalmist, how He is our protector .. ALWAYS.   


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:20 [NLT] …  </b>

20  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

… God, thru Isaiah, reminds the faithful seekers after the Messiah, that our God will ALWAYS be there to hold us up when we feel weak.  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 53:6 [NLT] … 

10 All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.   We have left God’s paths to follow our own.  Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all.  

… God’s promise thru Isaiah, that even tho we all can - and do - stray from God’s way, … He will bring a Messiah to carry those who faithfully surrender to follow the Lord.   


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [NLT] …  

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

… Jesus reminds His disciples that, even tho they face trials in this life, … by following the Lord He has overcome the world and all we face in this life. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:35-39 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians that NOTHING can separate us from God’s infinite love and empowering grace.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Pimpo, AT THIS LINK  … tells of a father who carried his handicapped son thru chin-high waters to protect and save him in the face of the oncoming hurricane Dorian.  And this story is shared to illustrate how a loving father will do anything and everything to save his child, which certainly shows how much our Heavenly Father will do - AND HAS DONE - to protect and save His children.  


I hope all reading here have taken in the linked song and meditated on the Scriptures above, and you all will join me here today to praise our Heavenly Father for being our guide and protector in life.  And my friends, … that’s what I feel every morning as I come here to seek my Lord’s comfort from His word; … yes, even when I face the storms and trials of life, as I am right now dealing with severe/chronic pain, … but knowing, as God’s word echoes clearly above, … that I can ALWAYS rely on my God to carry me thru the storm to the other side.  And I pray you realize and live under our Father’s protection.       


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for carrying me thru this storm of pain I face now.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to surrender and let our Lord lift us up, especially when we feel fearful, or weak, or under the oppression of the world or our flesh.     … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: