Saturday, July 31, 2021

July 31, 2021 … Lost and Found …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 212 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Hillsong United singing  The Lost Are Found … Poignantly singing of God’s mercy and grace and His relentless love for the lost searches out and finds us for His glory. 


The jewel is lost !! 

==============

Highlight Passage:   Luke 15:10  [NIV] …  

10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.”

Jesus shows the Pharisees, in a parable about a lost coin, just how much God values and searches for the lost.          

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Luke 15:8-10 [NIV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus relates a parable about how much heaven rejoices when but one sinner is found by God’s relentless search for the lost.  

==============                             


Reference Passage: … Psalm 91:9-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru a Psalmist, shows how much God values one who is surrendered to follow Him.    


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God, thru Isaiah, shows just how far our God will go to protect His beloved and chosen ones.


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:8-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians that God’s saving grace is available to ANYONE who is willing to receive it. 


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 4:17 [NLT] … 

But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death.   

… Paul gives testimony as to the lengths His Lord went to protect him so that Paul could bring the gospel to the gentiles, just as God wil relentlessly protect anyone who believes in Jesus as Lord and Savior.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK   … tells of losing her engagement and wedding rings and the sentimental value attached to the lost rings, … praying desperately that they be found.  And when they were discovered in the pocket of a sweater, the ODB author relates the joy of those lost rings being found.


And oh how that story rings true in my memories when, as newlyweds, my new wife and I discovered that the diamond was gone from its setting in her wedding ring (see photo).  We went on a desperate search [too long a story for now].  But I so relate to ODB story of searching desperately for and joyfully finding our valuable rings.   


And that joy, … magnified infinitely, … is the joy expressed by Jesus and God’s angels in His Luke 15 parable about the desperate woman finding a valuable lost coin, … where Jesus was relating just how valuable even one lost sinner is when he/she repents and is found by our Lord, Who relentlessly searches for any/all who are so dear to God’s heart. 


Oh how I pray that any/all reading here are jewels in God’s crown of righteousness, who, … like yours truly, … were once lost and now are found, … and now how we witness to the joy of being one of God’s lost and found.           


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for searching so relentlessly for me and finding me just as You share in all three of the Luke 15 parables.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to express our grateful joy in being one of the lost who was found,  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: