Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2009 – Day 110.Apr. 21 – Unique Techniques

2009 – Day 110.Apr. 21 – Unique Techniques

Passage of the Day: 1st Samuel 17: 17 - 39 …
Link to study passage …

My Journal for Today:
In today’s devotional from Swindoll, he has a very quotable truth as he writes, “… when facing our own giants, we forget what we ought to remember, and we remember what we ought to forget.” And this refers to how man so often gets wrapped up in externals, ignoring what is really important to do battle against the Goliaths of this life. But fortunately that’s not God’s “M.O.” God looks into the heart of a warrior; and our Lord can/will use what each of us uniquely has to do battle and be a winner in His Name.

I’m certainly glad that I can be a “David” to do battle today; and I don’t have to be a “Saul” to win Christ’s victory. Oh, it is true that I should do as much as I can to be like my Savior as possible; but I don’t have to be someone else or even to wear someone else’s armor in battle. All I have to do is do my best to imitate my Savior; and He will use me – little ole ME – to bring about His victory.

When David looked out at the Philistine, Goliath, who was so intimidating to the Hebrew army and to Saul, David saw only a man. Yes, he was a big man; but was only a man. The only big One in David’s life was God; and David had seen God do battle and defeat intimidating foes, like bears and lions in the past. And David just knew – in faith and from experience – that God could fell any Goliath using the very unique abilities David had available to him. But again, Saul thought the only way David might have a chance was to do a make over and give David his own armor. But as we read, David only felt uncomfortable trying to do battle in his own clothes, using his own, unique battle techniques.

I’m sure glad that I don’t have to be like my Pastor to serve my God. He’s loud; and I’m sort of a soft spoken type. He charismatic; and I’m certainly not. He’s in your face; and I’m a back-off sort of guy. … If I tried to be Pastor Ernie, his armor would fit me about as well as Saul’s fit David. No; … all I have to do is be Bill Berry; and I can use the unique skills and abilities God has given to me to go out on the battle-field and face my Goliaths. And beyond that, I can take my Goliaths down using the unique tools God has gifted me with to do battle.

So, look out there; and when you see a Goliath, trying to face you down, just see another pip-squeek whom God can bring down when you pick up your sling and stones to do battle for God. God only needs you, David, to be His warrior; and Goliath is no match for our God. If you memorize and believe the truths of Isaiah 41: 10, Romans 8: 31, 1st Cor. 10: 13, and 2nd Cor. 12: 9, my favorite victory verses, you can put those stones into your own unique sling and march forth to take down your Goliath, claiming the victory in Christ’s mighty Name.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, You made me to do battle and take down Goliath in Your Name. Amen

No comments: