Saturday, April 04, 2009

2009 – Day 93.Apr. 4 – God of All My Moments

2009 – Day 93.Apr. 4 – God of All My Moments

Passage of the Day: Numbers 20: 1 - 13 …
Link to study today’s repeated passage ...

My Journal for Today:
Today we take a relook of emphasis into the same passage as yesterday, peering at Moses’ moment of anger and foolish pride, which kept him from being the spiritual leader who took God’s chosen people into the promised land. Swindoll, in his devotional entry for today asks readers if there have been any moments or periods of time in our past when we would like to do a “do over.” And I’d wager to say that we all have them.

I have a period of 22 years of my life, my season of disbelief, foolishness, and habitual sexual sinfulness which I’d love to be able to “do over;” but I know I can’t. And like Moses I will have to live this life knowing that I could have spent those 22 years being fruitful for God’s kingdom.

No “do over” is possible; but a “do forward” is; and because of the shed blood of my Savior on the cross and my ability now to receive God’s mercy and grace into my life, I have the Holy Spirit in my heart to allow me to live a “do forward” life which reflects the truth of the verse quoted by Swindoll in today’s devotional. It is Psalm 103: 12, which you need to read slowly and joyfully, assuming that you also have received Christ as your Savior and Lord. It goes, "As far as the east is from the west, so far He has removed our transgressions from us.” … Go ahead, read it again; and do I sense a resounding, “Thank You, Lord!”

It is so wonderful now to live under the truth of passages like 1st John 1: 9, which tells me that I can keep short accounts of confession with my Lord and be cleansed for my sins; or under the powerful reality of a 1st Cor. 10: 13, telling me that God, the Holy Spirit, Who now resides in my heart forever, will never allow me to go into or be in a situation that I cannot expect Him to lead me through. But still, like Moses, I must realize that we have a carnal nature, which is deceitful (see Jer. 17: 9) and subject to momentary lapses of sinfulness; and when/if we do sin, though we can be cleansed by Christ’s finished sacrifice, we will have to live with the human, temporal outcomes of our sin. Moses did; and so will we.

However, there’s no reason why we cannot live our lives under Paul’s written edict to move forward, as God wrote about through Paul’s epistle in Phil. 3: 13-14 [linked for you here]. Don’t you just love the truth of that verse, … that I can look forward to the prize of the next life; and I can live my entire life, here as long as God gives me to live, moving forward as a witness for Christ with His Spirit in my heart to give me the strength from His enabling grace to do so (see Acts 1: 8 and 2nd Cor. 12: 9 - I hope you have those two memorized!).

This, my reader friend, is a “HALLELUJAH!” moment!

My Prayer for Today: Yes, dear Lord, I do declare loudly in my soul, HALLELUJAH! Amen

No comments: