Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 13, 2013 … God’s Calling

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 286


Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this poignant song, sung by Sara Groves It’s Going To Be Alright, … reminding us that sometimes we can get muddled in direction-finding battles; but as long as we keep heading in God’s direction He will get us to where HE wants us to go.

Highlight meditation passage – Daniel 10: 13 : [Jesus – An audience of One!]  
13 But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. 
============
Highlight reading study of Acts, Chapter 9: Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: 1st Corinthians 10: 13 … [No test or trial is not worth finding Gods’ way through the maze of life.] … [NLT] …  
13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [His way … that’s THE way.] … [NLT]  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

My Journal for Today: When I run on to a so-called coincidence involving the number 13, I perk up and pay attention. If anyone has ever heard my testimony of how God used the number 13 to bring me to Himself [too long to relate here today], you’d understand why I pay attention when God uses that number in my life.

Well, today Os Hillman’s devotional led me to read in Daniel, Chapter 10, VERSE !3; and when I read his personal illustration about going through some rigorous set-backs and missed directions to arrive at a destination where God was to be honored, the first memory verse which popped into my head was 1st Corinthians, Chapter 10, VERSE !3; and my interest in the subject matter of today’s devotional perked up. Today we’re led to two verses from two chapters with the number 10: 13.

Coincidence? I doubt it; … especially when the messages of the two passages … one from the Old Testament and one from the New … are so similar. No, the message is clear to me today.

Have you ever been in a situation where you were pursuing what you strongly felt to be God’s calling or HIS direction; and you were thwarted at every turn with obstacles in your way or “unexplainable” events seemingly mis-directing you and putting road-blocks in your way? Maybe you felt like you were in one of those hedge mazes; but you still felt God’s calling to keeping on keeping on to go where He was calling you.

Well, that’s what Sara Groves sings about in the song to which I link you today; and it’s the strong message of my devotional today. And as I was meditating on this message, Proverbs 3: 5-6, which so often comes to my mind in daily devotions, also bubbled up from my consciousness to reinforce the message from Daniel, 10:13 and 1st Corinthians 10: 13, which are leading me to write about the charge of a message I often have to remember and repeat to myself when circumstances seem to have me fighting my way through a maze of challenges in life to get where I know God wants me to go. And that message is ”KEEP ON KEEPING ON IN CHRIST” or as Sara Groves sings is this morning, It’s Going To Be Alright!.

What about you [along with me]? Is God calling us to keep on fighting our way through this maze we call life and doing all we can to find HIS way; and then, … to do all we can to get there? I think we both know the answer to that question, don’t we?

My Prayer for Today … Lord, help me find Your way today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: