Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26, 2013 … God’s Isolation

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 299

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this powerful song and video, sung by Phillips, Craig, and Dean, singing Let My Words Be Few, … reminding Christians that there are times when we just must stand silent in awe of he God Who created us and all around us.


Highlight Passage: Psalms 46: 1, …10a … [A time where we must wait on God.] … [NLT]  
1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. … 
10 “Be still, and know that I am God! …”
============
Highlight Passage: Psalms, Chapter 46 … GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT] 
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 55: 8-9 … [Times of faith when our knowledge just stands in awe of our God.] … [NLT] …  
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [There are times when our human reasoning just doesn’t cut it!] … [NLT] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 
6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

Reference Passage #3: Deuteronomy 31: 6 … [Times when we just trust that God will be there for us.] … [NLT] …
6 “… So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

My Journal for Today: Ever had a time when you just felt so, so isolated from God; …maybe a time when our prayers just seemed to be bouncing off the ceiling of our lives, … going nowhere? … Am I sensing a nod of your head, or at least your spirit? … I’d bet we’ve all been there, … and felt that way.

Yes, as Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing in the song to which I’ve linked you today, there are times of seeming isolation which are actually the times, as expressed in the song and in David’s song from Psalm 46, copied above, when we should just Let Our Words Be Few and just sit back in awe of our God, knowing – in faith – that our God is going ahead of us in His silence … but always being there for us (as Moses declared to God’s people in Deuteronomy 31: 6 just before they entered the Promised Land).

Yes, here’s another time when we must live out Proverbs 3: 5-6, trusting God to be God because we are not. It’s a time to realize and recognize, as Isaiah 55: 8-9 truthfully declares, that there are times when God’s ways are just going to be beyond us; and we need to reflect on God’s bigness – as in the attached photo – in the silence of our smallness.

In fact right now, I’ve chosen to come to this place, … this quiet morning, … and stop for a few moments; and after I quit writing here what God’s Spirit has given me to write, I’ll just go silent, reflecting on God’s greatness and my smallness, … and reflecting on what God’s word says from Psalm 46, verses 1 and 10 … that Go truly is my refuge … and I need to “… be still and know HE is God!”

My Prayer for Today … I stand in awe of You, Lord!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: