Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25, 2013 … God’s Sweetness

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 298

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this powerful song and video, the song written by Keith Getty and sung by Kristyn Getty, singing Speak O Lord, … reminding Christians that we feed on the sweetness of God’s word.
 =============


Highlight Passage: Ezekiel 3: 1-3 … [God’s word is sweeter than honey to satisfy our spiritual hunger.] … [NLT]  
1. The voice said to me, “Son of man, eat what I am giving you—eat this scroll! Then go and give its message to the people of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and he fed me the scroll. 3 “Fill your stomach with this,” he said. And when I ate it, it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth. 
============
Highlight Passage: Ezekiel, Chapter 3 … GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT]
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 119: 102-103 … [God’s word feeds us with His sweetness.] … [NLT] …  
102 I haven’t turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well. 103 How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey.

 Reference Passage #2: Revelation 3: 20 … [Oh how our Lord wants to dine with us; and I’m sure He would bring His sweetness to the table.] … [NLT] …  
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. … "

Reference Passage #3: 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 … [Feeding on God’s word provides us with the sweet essence of God Himself] … [NLT] …  
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

My Journal for Today: The Gettys sing it in the song link I’ve provided above … that God’s word is God communing directly with His beloved. It is our Lord coming to the table, once invited (see Rev. 3: 20) and laying out the sweetness of His truth for any/all who would partake of His Holiness consumed in His word.

Right now I’m teaching a 6 week discipleship course in my church on how to go deeper in our devotional and relational life with Christ; and as you can imagine I’m teaching on the WHY and HOW of getting into the disciplines of the faith by deciding and discipling our lives with daily devotions that extract us from the hubbub of the world and allow us to have a deeper devotional time with God daily. If you’re interested you can GO TO THIS LINK and listen to my class sessions [only two thus far – more in the next 4 weeks].

But aside from my shameless class promotions, I hope you know just how much God wants us to have the same “sweetness” in our lives that He desired for the Prophet Ezekiel to have when the Lord fed the prophet the sweetness of His word. Note the highlight Bible passage linked above in Ezekiel, Chapter 3, especially verses 1-3. And the Author of Psalm 119, verses 102-103, writing, with God’s inspiration, about his love affair with God’s word and how it fed him with the sweet essence of life, being “sweeter than honey.” And we also know of the Apostle Paul’s writing to young Timothy about just how “sweet” and powerful is God’s word for all believers (see 2nd Tim. 3: 16-17 above).

So, I’ll pray to day that we all invite God’s sweetness into our lives by partaking of His truth on a daily diet of the love He provides through His word. Take it in, dear one, in all it’s sweetness; and be filled with His living power.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I come here daily to receive the sweetness and living power from Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: