Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17, 2013 … God’s “GPS”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 290

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this powerful song and video, the song sung by my personal friend, Clay Crosse and two of his friends, Bob Carlisle and Bebe Wynans, singing I Will Follow Christ, … reminding all who are in Christ that we will ALWAYS be shown the way – GOD’S WAY – when we follow Christ.
=============

Highlight meditation passage – Isaiah 48: 17-18 : [Our God is our “GPS,” showing us HIS way to go in life.]
17 This is what the LORD says — your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow. 18 Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea. …
============
Highlight reading study of Isaiah, Chapter 48 : Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [His way … is ALWAYS … THE way.] … [NLT]  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 
6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

Reference Passage #1: Luke 9: 23 … [Yes, He’s a demanding direction-giver, isn’t He?] … [NLT] …  
23 Then He [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow Me. ... "

My Journal for Today: If you were going into a large city, trying to find a specific address; and you had never been in that city before, wouldn’t having an accurate “GPS” device be helpful? … DUH, … of course it would! … Well, I hope you, fellow Christian, realize that we have the best “GPS” available to us to find our way through the morass we know of as life; and that “GPS” is found in God’s word.

Think of the wonderful promise imbedded in the highlight passage for today’s Hillman devotional, Isaiah 48, especially the underlined, emboldened portion of verse 17, where the God of the universe promises to His people (that’s you and me, folks!) to show them the way they (i.e., we) should go. All we need to do is what my dear friend, Clay Crosse and his buddies sing about in the song to which I’ve linked you above proclaims; … and that is for us to follow Christ.

Solomon, for God's Spirit, also wrote this promise as well to his son (but also to you and me) in Prov. 3: 5-6, … that if we’re willing to set aside our own way and follow God’s will, He would lead us in the way we should go in life. And Jesus, Himself, told His followers, in my oft quoted passage, Luke 9: 23, that the serious disciples of His would be willing to deny themselves and do nothing but follow Him.

Okay … I don’t think I need to write much more here, do I? No, it’s time for self-evaluation. And here is our discipleship pop quiz for the day …
1. Am I willing to seek God’s way by delving deeply into God’s word – every day? 
2. When I sense God’s commands and His leading, will I follow His way? 

Just two questions … how’d we do?

When we’re really serious about using God’s “GPS” for our lives, He will show us THE WAY, … His way. And that’s not Bill Berry’s promise … that’s His!!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, show me Your way. I will follow You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: