Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 22, 2013 … God’s Double-Talk

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 295

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this powerful song and video, the song sung by Phillips, Craig, and Dean, singing I Choose To Believe, … reminding Christians that we must CHOOSE to believe even when God’s leading doesn’t make much sense in human ways of thinking.
=============


Highlight Passage: Exodus 4: 21 … [Sometimes God’s leading doesn’t make human sense.] … [NLT] ... 
21 And the LORD told Moses, “When you arrive back in Egypt, go to Pharaoh and perform all the miracles I have empowered you to do. But I will harden his heart so he will refuse to let the people go.
============
Highlight reading study of Exodus, Chapter 4, : Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 55: 8-9 … [Sometimes God’s way is way beyond our ways of thinking and moving.] … [NLT] …  
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Reference Passage #2: Romans 8: 28 … [Following God when it makes sense is one thing; but believing and following when God’s way seems to be double-talk is another] … [NLT] …  
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are [the] called according to His purpose for them.

Reference Passage #3: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [We may have this one memorized; but do we really believe it … and live it? ] … [NLT] …
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 
6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

My Journal for Today: “Lord, … You want me to do what?” …

Ever felt like that? … Today, in my devotional, Os Hillman took me back to read, study, and meditate on Exodus, Chapter 4, where Moses had to have some in-service training in faith up on that mountain where the Prophet had encountered God in the burning bush. God was giving him instructions which just seemed like double-talk, such as the instructions to go before Pharaoh and declare freedom for the people … but in the light of God hardening Pharaoh’s heart.

What’s that all about, God?!!

That’s the way life seems at times, doesn’t it, … especially when life just seems to be going amuck and the ways of God’s leading seem like double-talk to us. It’s like Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing in the song to which I’ve linked you this morning. There are times, in those Romans 8: 28 or Proverbs 3: 5-6 moments in life in life, … where we have to CHOOSE to believe when God’s leading is totally confusing or doesn’t make sense in our human ways of thinking.

The question becomes one of BELIEF, doesn’t it? We may believe the passages I’ve shared above, including God’s own instructions concerning His ways in Isaiah 55: 8-9; but is our belief strong enough to follow God’s ways as Jesus, Himself instructed (yeah, back to my oft-quoted Luke 9: 23, which I won’t even copy above because I’m sure you know it by now)?

Moses went through a whole series of faith tests and trials from the time he encountered God in that burning bush until he was able to lead God’s people out of Egypt. However, in each confrontation with his logic versus the LORD, Moses CHOSE to believe and follow God’s ways.

Will we today?

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord, I will follow You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: