Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16, 2014 … Chained?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 197

Devotional Song: Go to this link  PLEASE … go to this video link to hear Nichole Nordeman singing of Finally Free, reminding us that God’s completed act on Calvary has freed us from any bondage we have had in our own sin. … And then ON TO THIS LINK to hear the young group, Dave’s Highway, singing Everything We Need, which tells us when/how we can find freedom in Christ, … i.e., when, in faith, we have TOTALLY surrendered to His Lordship.

To read script, click on photo and then return to blog

Highlight Passage - NKJV - Psalms 16: 1-2
  1 Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. 2 O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.” 
===============
Highlight Passage [Context] - Psalm 16 … Go to this link

Reference Passage #1 … Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … 
  5 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Reference Passage #2 … Philippians 4: 11-13 [NKJV] … Go to this link

Reference Passsage #3 … 2nd Peter 1: 3-4 [NKJV] … Go to this link

My Journal for Today: As today’s Our Daily Bread author, Dennis Fisher, reminded me (and you, if you link to the online entry for 7/16/14 – see below disclaimer) there were a number of Old and New Testament saints who understood that we can walk free from the bondage of self when we are in total surrender to Messiah, … our Savior.

King David obviously internalized this truth, as evidenced in Psalm 16, as did the Apostle Paul when he wrote Philippians 4: 11-13; and so did the church leader, Peter, when he wrote to persecuted Christians in 2nd Peter 1: 2-4 [all passages linked above for your study/meditation].

 And when we take in the truths from God word through these Saints of old, we should recognize that in our surrendered relationship to Christ we have been set free, as Nichole Nordeman and Dave’s Highway sing above, when – BUT ONLY WHEN – we live, move, and have our being in the faith relationship we have when Christ is truly our LORD.

 So, as I’m dealing with my faith conviction this morning, I’ll leave you to deal with the question as to whether we’ve totally surrendered – in faith – to the contentment we can find and the freedom we can achieve ONLY in Christ.

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord Jesus, I pray that my heart finds – everyday as today – the freedom I have in You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: