Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31, 2014 … Just As I Am

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 212

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a lyrical video of Brian Doerksen singing the classic evangelistic invitational song … Just As I AM, used for many years at the Billy Graham Crusades as Billy offered his invitation for any/all to come - just as they are - to receive God’s free gift of salvation.
=============​​​


Highlight Passage: Isaiah 55: 3 … [NKJV] …
3  Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you … 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Isaiah 55: 1-7 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1 - NKJV: John 3: 16 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Again, … I’m sure you know this one by heart …  

Reference Passage #2 - NKJV: John 4: 1-42 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Jesus saves the Samaritan woman at the well …

Reference Passage #3 - NKJV: John, Chapter 21 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Jesus restores the repentant Peter after his betrayal …  

Reference Passage #4 - NKJV: Romans 10: 9-13 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  The plan of salvation is laid out in all its simplicity …  

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Anne Cetas, reminded me of how Jesus received me, … broken, yea even dead in my sin; and in His infinite mercy and forgiveness, Christ reached down into His ocean of forgetfulness and pulled me out of myself and into Himself and saved me. He took me after 22 years of bondage to habitual sexual sin, 12 of them unfaithful to my wife; and HE SAVED ME - just as I was.

Today, the attached photo could have been me when I came to Christ on April 13th, 1983, searching for life, … dead in my sin, and my Savior gave me life eternal in spite of myself, … just as He did for the woman at the well (see John 4 linked above); and just as He did when He restored the Apostle Peter (see John 21) after His Disciple had denied The Lord three times. My friend, have you come to our Lord, Jesus, in your brokenness and received His free gift of eternal life - just as He declared to Nicodemus in John 3: 16?

Are you saved?

If not, come to Him today - just as you are. Tell Him you believe in Him. Repent of your sin; and ask Him to save you. And it is His promise that He will receive you into the Family of God … JUST AS YOU ARE! [See the Romans 10: 9-13 passage linked above]

I pray that all who use the link and hear Brian Doerksen sing that classic old hymn which Billy Graham has used for over 70 years of evangelism to invite any/all who would come - no matter what their condition - to God’s throne of saving grace … to receive what our Savior will offer to anyone who repents and seeks after God’s grace of salvation. Yes, I came - just as I was - and He saved me. Has He you?

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I pray all who read here have come, just as they are for Your saving grace! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: