Friday, July 25, 2014

July 25, 2014 … Looking for Zacchaeus

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 206

Devotional Song: Go to this link – Please take your time to see a video of Steve Green, singing… People Need the Lord, reminding me that today I may pass by a “Zacchaeus,” i.e., someone who is lost and is seeking salvation from the only One Who can save him/her; and I may be the only person who can share my Lord with this one - up a tree with no where to go.
=============​​​


Highlight Passage: Luke 19: 9… [NKJV] …
9 And Jesus said to him [Zacchaeus], “Today salvation has come to this house,… “ 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Luke 19: 1-10 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK
============​

Reference Passage #1 - NKJV: Romans 10: 9-13 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, as did the song I’ve linked readers to, reminded me of a scary truth; … that I may pass by a lost soul today, as did Jesus when he walked by Zacchaeus in that sycamore tree, … one who needs the Lord and is desperately seeking salvation; … but one who hasn’t got a clue that He’s just within reach through my testimony of Christ saving anyone who seeks Him.

You’re probably like I am and love that story of the sinner, tax-collector, Zaccheaus, in Luke, Chapter 19, the little guy who was so desperately seeking salvation, being convicted of his sinful life; and so, he climbed up a tree to get a glimpse of Jesus Who was walking into his town followed by a crowd of people (see attached photo).  And Jesus, just being the God-man, knowing the heart of Zacchaeus, called him down out of the tree and was willing to consort with this reprobate, knowing that the tax-collector needed what only He, Jesus, had to offer.

Today, we need to be willing, if given the divine appointment, to share what we have - and that being salvation in Christ - with any Zacchaeus if we encounter one who is lost and is seeking what God has given us … the blessing of salvation in Christ.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, if any Zacchaeus comes my way today, allow me the privilege of sharing what You have given me with him. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: