Wednesday, July 02, 2014

July 2, 2014 … Fruitless worry

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 183

Devotional Song: Go to this link   … Please go this video link to hear the Steven Curtis Chapman singing His Strength Is Perfect, reminding us that worrying about our weaknesses is fruitless because our Lord’s strength is forever perfect to cover our weakness.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalm 3: 1 [NKJV] …  
1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalms, Chapter 3 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 Isaiah 26: 3 [NKJV] …  
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Reference Passages #2 Philippians 4: 6-7 [NKJV] … Go to this link … Worry about nothing; … pray about everything!! …

Reference Passages #3 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] … 
 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me..

Reference Passages #4 1st Peter 5: 7 [NKJV] …  
7 Casting all your cares in Him because He cares for You.

My Journal for Today: If you use daily devotional books, like the Our Daily Bread guide I’m using this year, you’ll note that WORRY is a topic which is often covered, … even repetitively. And today’s ODB is an example. The topic of “worry” or “anxiety” has been covered at least once this year in the ODB Bible meditation series; and the topic probably recurs because it is one of the most common pitfalls which Christians confront in life.

Yes, life is full of challenges which push us to confront our innate human weaknesses; and our NATURAL default mechanism is our almost knee-jerk tendency to worry; and when we do worry, it produces more fear in our psyche; and that produces more worry; and so the cycle spirals downward – almost like a toilet being flushed (good word picture, huh?!!).

But as God’s word clearly teaches and His truth encourages, worry is a fruitless exercise in futility; because God set us up to rely on His strength to cover our weakness; and that’s what all of the truth passages above (linked and copied) teach. The question is … DO WE BELIEVE THEM? … And even more important … DO WE LIVE THEM?

So, please take the time to get past the goofy picture I’ve used to illustrate today’s blog; and meditate deeply on the poignant song linked above as well as the Scriptural truths to which I’ve referred. And then pray with me that we’ll all worry less and pray more!

My Prayer for Today … Thank You, Lord, that Your strength is ALWAYS there to cover my weakness. Help me to revel in that truth today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: