Wednesday, July 09, 2014

July 9, 2014 … “???”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 190

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … go to this video link to hear Steve Green singing Find Us Faithful, reminding us that many times it is our faithful walk on God’s path that solves the ??? in life.


Highlight Passage - NKJV - Job 38: 4 … God speaks to Job …
4  “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
 Tell Me, if you have understanding. …” 
===============
Highlight Passage [Context] - Job 38: 1-11 … Go to this link 

Reference Passage #1 … Job, Chapters 38-41 [NKJV] … Go to this ink

Reference Passsage #2 … Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV]
 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 

Reference Passsage #3 … Isaiah 55: 8-9 [NKJV]
  8  “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 9  “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, … so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Reference Passsage #3 … Romans 8: 28 [NKJV]
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional begins with the following pronouncement: "When tragedy strikes, questions follow. Our loss of a loved one may lead us to ask God any number of pointed questions: “Why did You let this happen?” “Whose fault was this?” “Don’t You care about my pain?" 

Though I'm not a gambling man, I would almost bet that any reading here with me are thinking, “Been there, felt that, … go that T-shirt!” … Yeah, we’ve all been there, haven’t we … in distress, under stress, and wondering why God would allow that WHATEVER to happen. And where in the Bible would one go to study THE model of someone who was about as deep in such a predicament of quandary as one could imagine? And I can almost sense you Bible students saying … THE BOOK OF JOB!!” 

And you’re right of course. Sure, there are other examples in scripture of men of faith who found themselves asking all the “WHY” questions of God, … men like Moses, Elijah, Jonah, or my personal fave - Habakkuk. All of them became deeply depressed or stressed-out by their life circumstances, even to the point where a few of them, like Elijah, prayed to die. But none of them were any more deeply down in the dumpers than Job.

And in today’s highlight passage of Job 38: 1-11 we read of how God responded to Job’s dilemma and his deeply felt “WHY” questions. And how did God show Job the truth? He asked him questions; and if any of us are now in a place where we’re thinking “WHY GOD?,” perhaps we should take in Chapters 38-41 of the book of Job [linked above] to heart. Or at least we should take God’s pronouncement of truth in Isaiah 55: 8-9 as well as internalizing the reality of Proverbs 3: 5-6 [see above].

Common my friends … GOD IS GOD and we are not!! So, let’s not let our desire to control our lives and to be pain free drive us to a place where we cannot believe the truths in Prov. 3: 5-6 or Romans 8: 28. Let’s all do all we can to follow the strong word in Steve Green’s version of Find Us Faithful, linked above.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, help me to have the faith when my WHY questions abound in my heart. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: