Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11, 2015 … Alive in Christ !!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 42

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of the Gaither Vocal Band singing the Gaither classic… He Touched Me, proclaiming the coming alive experience which all Christians experience when Christ touches the life of anyone who surrenders to His Spirit.


Highlight Passage Ephesians 2: 4-5 [NKJV] … 
4 But God, Who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), …
============
Highlight Context - Ephesians 2: 1-10 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1 - 2nd Corinthians 5: 17 [NKJV]
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. … 
 … God, thru Paul, declares the newness of who we become when we’re made alive in Christ

Reference Passage #2 - Philippians 1: 6 [NKJV]
6 … being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; … 
… And once we’re made alive in Christ, His Spirit will remake us into our Lord’s image …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Mart De Haan, opens with a story of a man who hid from his marital/family responsibilities for over 2 decades and was declared dead by the courts. However, after many years he surfaced again, but because of legal technicalities a judge would not declare him alive again. Bummer, for sure!!

Well, if you’ve taken in the scriptures from the Apostle Paul in Ephesian 2: 1-10 [linked above for your study], I hope all Christians realize that we were dead spiritually before, we, in faith, received God’s life-give grace, which reached down from Heaven and touched us with Christ’s saving grace. As the Gaither group sings in the linked song above, “He touched (us) and made (us) whole!”

Do I sense a very appropriate …“HALLELUJAH!!!” … from any reading with me here.

 When I realize how dead I was when I was lost - without Christ - and how, in His loving mercy, He was willing to reach down into the sea of my sin and pull me out, giving me life - and yes, even life eternal, - really all I can do is pray and thankful prayer of praise. I certainly could do nothing to earn His life restoring touch of grace. But He touched me and made me whole! And every day I recognize and acknowledge that He’s remaking me into the newness and wholeness of Christ’s image [see 2nd Cor. 5: 17 and Phil. 1: 6 copied above].

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … You touched me and I am alive in You. … HALLELUJAH!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: