Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 22, 2015 … ??? - Go to THE Teacher

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 53

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of the group Selah singing the old hymn… Be Thou My Vision; … declaring the truth that God’s Spirit has become our teacher and leader and vision in all things as the “High King of Heaven” leads and enlightens His faithful by His Spirit through His word.


Highlight Passage 1st Corinthians 2: 16 [NKJV] … 
16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” [Isaiah 40: 13] But we have the mind of Christ. 
============
Highlight Context - 1st Corinthians 2: 9-16 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1 - Isaiah 55: 11 [NKJV]
  11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, … But it shall accomplish what I please, … And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 
… God’s word - in the Bible - is our teacher …

Reference Passage #2 - John 16: 13 [NKJV]
  13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
 … Jesus’ promise to His Disciples (and to you and me) that He would send the “Spirit of truth” to guide us to the mind of Christ …

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NKJV]
  16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 
… God has given us HIS WORD that we may be “thoroughly equipped for every good work” …

Reference Passage #3 - James 1: 5-6 [NKJV]
  5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 
… If we truly desire - in faith - to seek and find the mind of God - we can!! …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Julie Ackerman Link, bolstered me with encouragement as she exhorted her readers by declaring, … When you open your Bible, ask the Author to open your mind and heart!” And I was encouraged by her highlight scripture in 1st Corinthians 2: 9-16 [linked above] because that truly is my desire and my discipline EVERY MORNING as I come here to dig into God’s truth.

I know and believe in the truth of God’s promises with regard to His Holy Word (see Isaiah 55: 11 and 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 below). And God also promised that if/when I desire His mind - i.e., the wisdom of God - I could ask it of my Lord - in faith - and He would provided His truth to me in abundance. And that is exactly how I start each day in my quiet times with God. I beg of Him to provide me with His wisdom. I pray that He will show more of Himself to me each day - i.e., what I need to negotiate the path of life [see Prov. 3:5-6 and Ps. 119: 105] - and so that I can know my God more today than yesterday, knowing tomorrow He’ll reveal even more of Himself through His word. 

Every day when I come here, God’s Spirit is my teacher through His word (see the attached photo). And every day my God reveals more of Himself and shines a light on my path, leading me through the minefields of life.

How about you? Do you want to know God more today than yesterday? Do you desire to let God teach you? … Well, dig deeply into His word today; and with the faith HE will give you, God’s Spirit will enlighten, enrich, and enable you to travel His way … in His time. That promise is good enough for me. How about you?

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … I pray, as I do every day, that You will help me to know You more today through Your word and to follow You more effectively than ever before. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: